Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop >

QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

Old 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM

I have hopped for over a year now and have one 3 or 4 $10 gift certificates. Would sure like to win one of the bigger prizes.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 AM

I have been chasing the bunny for several years. I hop when it is convenient and a chance to win something for just looking at a website can't be bad. I have won at least 3 $10.00 website gift certificates and 5-1yard pieces of fabric. I like it for the free patterns they include with the hop. I also like that I get to see the latest fabrics and find some great sales. It's a great source of inspiration and introduced me to new tools and techniques.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:28 PM

I have been hopping for a few years. Have won the $10. gift certificates and have used them half the time. I won last month and bought 3 yrds of very good solid black fabric. It was on sale at 40% off. So 3yds cost me a total of $13.00.
I think that was a great deal. My friend and neighbor won grand prize a few months ago and won $550. worth of fabric. She held a "fabric fondling " party when she recieved her fabric and it was beautiful fabric and well made. I will keep hopping!!

Can I ask.........how many of you "buy" from the shops or do you just "hop"? I have to confess I very seldom buy anything. There isn't much I need anymore...........Did I just say that !!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:04 PM

I have shopped for a few years and have won several gift certificates, a bundle of fabric and a grand prize of $500 worth of thread...I was thrilled and it's wonderful to have such an assortment of thread to use.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 PM

I did it for about 3 or 4 months and won 5 yards of material. 5 different beautiful yards of tone on tone material. Was thrilled to say the least. Only problem is - I get tired of looking for the bunny. Have found a lot of on line shops that I now get newsletter emails from.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM

I've won small prizes only but I don't do the fabshophop for the prizes. I do it for the quilt patterns and to find particular fabrics. I also search for the most affordable BOM if I'm ready for a new project. I've been doing these so long that I remember when there weren't the $10 prizes, just big prizes, lol. And they used to never give hints. Thank goodness for the hints -- so many online quilt shops these days!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Last week was my first shop hop and today I got a call that I won a gift basket. It made my day. It is a great basket - a ten pack of fat quarters, charm pack, some batik fat eights, rottary cutter, bobbin saver, a book, thread, a pattern, coffee mug and a nice seashell dish. I am still bouncing from excitement!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 AM

So happy for you. Sounds like quite the basket. Best thing, winning was a total surprise to you and the only thing it cost was your time.

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
Last week was my first shop hop and today I got a call that I won a gift basket. It made my day. It is a great basket - a ten pack of fat quarters, charm pack, some batik fat eights, rottary cutter, bobbin saver, a book, thread, a pattern, coffee mug and a nice seashell dish. I am still bouncing from excitement!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:43 AM

After reading all of your replies I am jealous. I have been "hopping" for quite a few years and all I have won is one $10 gift certificate. I to do it mostly for the patterns. But the hop in July was one I did not find all of the patterns I guess because I couldn't find all the bunnies. Did any one else have a hard time with July's hop (finding the bunnies I mean)?