Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

Just wondering....how many QB members have won something on FabShopHop? I hopped for the first time in April and got a $10 promotional gift certificate. Actually, I was thrilled as I seldom win anything.

Blog Entries
    I down it for six months and have won $10.00 three times
    Sewflower

I have done it for about a year and do most of them and have won $10 certificate twice. Not sure it is worth my time but sure would like to win one of the grand prizes.
    Lisa

I've done it for about 1 1/2 years and won $10.00 twice. It is fun and something to do when watching TV. I like visiting all the different shops.
    Sue

I have done it about a year and have won three ten dollar certificates

Blog Entries
    I've done them for the last 7 or 8 months and won $10 certificates twice also.

I've done it a couple months and won $10.

I did the fabshophop a long time ago and won a $10 gift cert. Personally, I think a gift cert that low is kind of an insult. It's a whole lot of time spent for $10 bucks worth of merchandise especially when you figure in what shipping is going to cost you to redeem that gift cert.

I have done it for a long time and won $10 a couple times. I just won a $25 prize this time. I don't know what it is yet because it hasn't come yet.

Blog Entries
    I won a Brother PS 1500 machine with all accessories back when new machines were the grand prize! At that time the price was over $1000 for one. And I won first place last year in one of the hops and got lots of nice fabric. I have won gift certificates from a few years ago when they were $5. The big prizes are legit. I got a call to verify my address and the machine was shipped to me. No hassle at all. Keep playing!
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I've played 6 times and won [email protected] and [email protected]

I have read about this hop, but how do you get started? And what does it take to play?
    Dyan

Here is the link to get you started:
    http://www.fabshophop.com
    Busy in Ohio

I won a $10.00 gift certificate once, I tried to use it as soon as I was notified, and was informed they were closing the shop and going out of businesss. It was not honored.

I have won several times, but haven't used them all. Some of the shops don't have anything that I want or need......

The very first one I did I won some very nice fabric..since then I've won a few $10 gift certs..which half the time don't work when I go to redeem them. Not such a big deal though because I love to visit the shops and have found a few new Favorites. =)
    A bed without a Quilt is like a Sky without Stars..Sew On!

I haven't done the Fabshophop in several years, but when I was doing it, I won the $10 GC about 5 or 6 times. I always redeemed them, but ended up spending at least that much additionally each time.

Blog Entries
    I have played for two years and havent won anything

I have played off and on for awhile and lost count of the $10 GC I've won along the way. I also won a second place prize which was TOT fabric, I use a lot of that and was glad to get it. But I admit I usely get more than the $10 but often get something I can't find locally or wouldn't normally buy otherwise, if it is something I really want. That is part of the fun.
    wonderfully and beautifully made, even if you can't see it on the outside

Jim
    I played for about 6 months and won 1 - 10 gift certificate that I didn't redeem. With shipping and the costs of anything desirable I could get something that I wanted locally, with coupons and sales much cheaper. I just don't have the time anymore to spend hours looking for the bunnies in the shop hop.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Blog Entries
    In the many, many years I have been doing it, I have won 4 - $10.00 certificates, which I have never redeemed because it usually costs more to redeem them than they are worth. I have also won the 2nd place winner twice and received approx 4 yds of red fabric both times. Some of the fabric was very poor quailty and some was really nice. I have learned that it is better to do it for the fun of it, and it is a way to see what new fabric lines and gadgets are available.
    Quilting is my PASSION not my pass time.
    If Your DREAMS don"t Scare You...Then They Are NOT Big Enough!!!Dare to DREAM!

www.quilterella.ca

Blog Entries
    i've been participating since the beginning- 10 or 11 years now i think- i've won numerous times over the years- not the really big big prizes but gift certificates, fabric bundles, once i won a 20 piece (1/2 yards) of a whole collection! that was awesome! and i have won gift certificates from individual shops i signed up for their newsletters- which i found doing the shop hop-
    i figure it doesn't cost anything except some time- it is well worth my participation- even if i go 4 or 5 hops without winning anything.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

QKO
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    I did the fabshophop a long time ago and won a $10 gift cert. Personally, I think a gift cert that low is kind of an insult. It's a whole lot of time spent for $10 bucks worth of merchandise especially when you figure in what shipping is going to cost you to redeem that gift cert.
    An insult? OK, if I understand you correctly, someone gives you a gift, and because it's not up to your standards of large enough, you've been insulted?

Or do you think you should be paid for doing the shop hop? When you play solitaire on your computer, does a little man pop out and pay you when you win?

The Shop Hop is a fun way to explore different shops online, and maybe expose you to some stuff you can't find at your local shop. That's it.

If you win a prize, it's a bonus no matter what the size of the prize. It's up to you to decide if you want to redeem it, but a shop owner certainly isn't insulting you by offering it. Sheesh!

Blog Entries
    The gift certificate of any amount is the same as using a coupon at the grocery store. It saves you money. A $10 off coupon is nothing to toss away. I can always find a pattern or spool of thread or fat quarter to use it on. Sure some shops don't allow it for shipping but I don't mind paying the $3 shipping for a free spool of $10 thread.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 06-22-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Got fabric?

I have played about 6-7 months and have won 2 10 gift cert. I redeemed both. A gift's a gift.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast