Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop >
  • QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

• QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

Old 06-22-2012, 01:52 AM

In the many, many years I have been doing it, I have won 4 - $10.00 certificates, which I have never redeemed because it usually costs more to redeem them than they are worth. I have also won the 2nd place winner twice and received approx 4 yds of red fabric both times. Some of the fabric was very poor quailty and some was really nice. I have learned that it is better to do it for the fun of it, and it is a way to see what new fabric lines and gadgets are available.
    Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 AM
    Power Poster

i've been participating since the beginning- 10 or 11 years now i think- i've won numerous times over the years- not the really big big prizes but gift certificates, fabric bundles, once i won a 20 piece (1/2 yards) of a whole collection! that was awesome! and i have won gift certificates from individual shops i signed up for their newsletters- which i found doing the shop hop-
    i figure it doesn't cost anything except some time- it is well worth my participation- even if i go 4 or 5 hops without winning anything.
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 AM
    QKO

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I did the fabshophop a long time ago and won a $10 gift cert. Personally, I think a gift cert that low is kind of an insult. It's a whole lot of time spent for $10 bucks worth of merchandise especially when you figure in what shipping is going to cost you to redeem that gift cert.
    An insult? OK, if I understand you correctly, someone gives you a gift, and because it's not up to your standards of large enough, you've been insulted?

Or do you think you should be paid for doing the shop hop? When you play solitaire on your computer, does a little man pop out and pay you when you win?

The Shop Hop is a fun way to explore different shops online, and maybe expose you to some stuff you can't find at your local shop. That's it.

If you win a prize, it's a bonus no matter what the size of the prize. It's up to you to decide if you want to redeem it, but a shop owner certainly isn't insulting you by offering it. Sheesh!
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 AM
    Power Poster

The gift certificate of any amount is the same as using a coupon at the grocery store. It saves you money. A $10 off coupon is nothing to toss away. I can always find a pattern or spool of thread or fat quarter to use it on. Sure some shops don't allow it for shipping but I don't mind paying the $3 shipping for a free spool of $10 thread.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 06-22-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM

I have played about 6-7 months and have won 2 10 gift cert. I redeemed both. A gift's a gift.
    Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
    Power Poster

I have been playing about 1 12/ to two years. I have won about three $10 GC. I cashed in one and it was more trouble than it was worth, but hey $10 is $10.00. I did get some nice fabric, but it took me about three weeks trying to get the GC turned in (always something wrong with the site). I won second place once for $25.00 worth of fabric, some of the fabric I loved and some I didn't. I made my DGS and DGD pillowcases with the fabricI didn't care for and they loved them. It's just fun to play. I am retired so maybe I just have more time than alot of people. BrendaK
    Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 AM

BellaBoo, it sounds like you are a very lucky lady. I hope you are playing the lottery too. My husband is lucky like that, but I can't get him to do the shop hop. I count him very lucky--he got me didn't he. lol
    Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 AM

I've been playing since February and have won several gift certificates. It's a great way to check out new shops and see if you'd want to do business with them again, without a lot of outlay. I've met some wonderful people through the fabshop & really love seeing all that luscious fabric every month.
    Old 06-22-2012, 10:34 AM
    Power Poster

I believe luck is positive thinking. I think I'm going to win when I enter and succeed when I try.
    Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM

I registered last night but still can't do any hops. Everytime I click the bunny, it takes me back to the registration page. How long does it take to get registered?