Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quality solid fabric >

quality solid fabric

quality solid fabric

Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM

I am also a lover of Moda Bella Solids. Missouri Star Quilt Co. has them on sale for $5.95/yd. They have $5.00 shipping on all their orders.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Yes that is the way it SUPPOSED to be. But Kona does not have selvedge markings. I have personally seen employees at JoAnnes put non Kona fabric on a cardboard bolt with the Kona tag. They aren't doing it to be deceitful, it is just that most JoAnne employees I have come across are not sewers, let alone quilters and don't know one fabric from another. To them it is just a solid color that looks the same. I have also picked up bolts of fabric at JoAnne that were marked Kona and could tell in a second it was not Kona cotten by Kaufman.

Moda Bella Solids don't have selvedge markings either.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
Moda Bella Solids don't have selvedge markings either.
True but I have never seen them at JoAnne's. I don't think Moda sells in JoAnne stores. My point was that JoAnne employees that actually know about sewing and fabric are few and far between. I have just been burned too many times by fabric purchased at JoAnne. I don't want to see my fellow quilters befall the same fate. So I post the warning. Heed it or not, means nothing to me where anyone buys their fabric. I also find their practice of artifically inflated prices so they can offer 50% off coupons predatory and deceitful. But that is just me.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:26 PM

If the only 2 choices I had were Kona and Moda, I'd go with Kona. The last few bolts of Moda Bella (in any color actually), felt different and really did a lot of raveling. Have decided to go with RJR cottons for my solids. Had the first few bolts show up today, so I compared them....definitely a difference between Moda and RJR, and I liked the RJR feel better.

Just my 2 cents worth

Christine