Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Harbor Freight Blades >

Question about Harbor Freight Blades

Question about Harbor Freight Blades

Old 11-28-2011, 03:12 PM

Ihave them also and had no trouble with them at all. probaly just jinkes my self. Ha Ha
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 PM

I've bought them and have had not problems at all. I know I sure wouldn't throw them away. I'd take them back and ask for the $.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by lfletcher View Post
I have had great luck with them. There is such a big difference in price that they are certainly worth trying. I'm sorry some people were not happy with them, but I did not have any of the same problems that they were experiencing. They do fit my Olfa 45 mm. Good luck.
Ditto -- I have thrown maybe one blade out of 10 away because of stickiness or some other cause, but have been very pleased with all of the others. I use a 45 mm Olfa cutter.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 PM

When you pyrchase hese at Habor Freight what are they called? Carpet blade? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
When you pyrchase hese at Habor Freight what are they called? Carpet blade? Thanks.
If I remember right I think they were refill blades for the carpet cutter.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:01 PM

Here is the return policy for Harbor Freight Carpet Cutter blades. Very easy. No postage required.
Money back, too, No more excuses. Just return them if you are not happy with them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/return-policy
Old 12-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Jim

I've used them for a few years now and only had one package of two that failed to perform and it was MY mistake. I put both blades in my cutter at the same time..once I realized my mistake I took one out and havent had any roblems with them...like anything else...use it correctly it will usually work and if you prefer to pay 10 times the price for something you can get thats equally as good or better...go right ahead. As for me, I'll use my savings for more fabric.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:19 AM

Maybe we need to figure something out! I have used the blades and haven't had a problem. I am using a Fiskars rotary cutter. Maybe the blades don't fit certain cutters like Dawn Marie is asking! I did notice the center hole is completely round with no notches. I currently only have the harbor freight blades on hand so I can't check another blade, but I think I remember some sort of notch. I would request that if people say they have a problem with the blade, please say what brand cutter you are using. We might be able to find a pattern to why some of us love them and some of us hate them. It can't just be a random thing. Can it?
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 AM

Arlene, our investigative reports....
I went to my sewing room to see exactly what brand cutters I have been using. I just grab them and cut!
I have 3 - FISKARS, a very old DRITZ and an OLFA Rotary cutter. I use Harbor Freight carpet cutter blades in each of them with no problem.

There is another good source for generic blades that average about $1.50 each. The shipping charges are more than some would want to pay, BUT it is possible that one person order them for a group of people, making a $100 purchase order, thereby getting free shipping. These blades are not packed with cardboard and can be sent to the other persons who have ordered, for the cost of a postage stamp for 10 blades.

If anyone is interest, please send me a PM. I will order blades if I get 8 or 10 0rders. That would be 10 blades for about $15. I have not checked recently to see if they have gone up, but surely not very much.

Thank you Arlene for raising the question.

I have been using the H.F. blades ever since they were first mentioned on QB - well over a year ago. who was the first to use them? And do you still use them? I do.