Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Little Gracie quilting frame >

Question about Little Gracie quilting frame

Question about Little Gracie quilting frame

Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

Default Question about Little Gracie quilting frame

I haven't seen any of these type frames in person so I was wondering does a sewing machine connect to the frame so you don't have to use the foot pedal? Someone told me you had to use the foot pedal for all frames that used a separate sewing machine.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:16 PM

i have a gracie frame and i have a 1600p jamome for a sewing machine
and i also have the stitch regulator and i do not use a foot pedal. as long
as the sewing machine sets on platform that sides back and forth i think you
could use any straight stitch machine.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info. I found a grace frame new in box for $350 and thought it may be a good starter set up since I have a Brother ps 1500 machine to use.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 PM

I have a Gracie frame and love it! I have a refurbished Grand Quilter machine on it. I was hoping to use my Bernina machine but needed a machine with larger throat. I LOVE the stitch regulator...expensive but worth it! Have fun with your frame.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM

I purchased a Little Gracie frame 2 years ago and used my Brother PQ1500S on it the first year (until I found a Nolting HobbyQuilter on craigslist at a giveaway price). It is a great way to get started with free-motion quilting. One of the perks from the online seller of the frame was it included a speed control (not a stitch regulator) and when the frame arrived in multiple boxes there was an extra speed control for the PQ1500S. I offered to send it back but the seller said not to bother. I would be willing to pay it forward and send it to you if you PM me. It plugs into the jack where the foot control usually goes and then velcros to the handles of the machine platform allowing you to have on/off & speed control at your fingers without the foot pedal. Not as good as a stitch regulator but it provides the opportunity to jump into FMQ on a frame with some speed control.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Thanks for the info. I found a grace frame new in box for $350 and thought it may be a good starter set up since I have a Brother ps 1500 machine to use.
I have a twin of your machine [juki tl98q] on my frame. many people either use a stitch regulator or handles [Handi Handles come to mind, but i don't think they're made any longer] with a speed regulator on them. if you don't have one of these, then you will need to use your foot pedal to make the machine run. some setups have a device on the machine platform to push the pedal, some folks use their hands to push the pedal on the platform. the foot pedal does not sit on the floor. i suppose you could do that, but it would limit how far you can move the machine along the frame.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 AM

Grace Company sells a thing that replaces your foot pedal which you control with your hands. Check their web site to see if it will fit your machine.