Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about quilt pattern #5

Question about quilt pattern #5

Hi,
    My mom wants to sell her quilts. So, I was wondering what the quilt pattern is on this quilt.
    Thank you so much for your advice.
    Best Regards,
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

That one is called Grandmother's Fan.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Very pretty.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Your mom should know the names of the quilt patterns.

Your right, she should not have forgotten their names after 45 years of storing them.

I don't agree with that statement. If she isn't a quilter I wouldn't expect her to know all the names. There are so many!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    I don't agree with that statement. If she isn't a quilter I wouldn't expect her to know all the names. There are so many!
    My mom is 85 years old and her memory ain't as good as it used to be and she is not a quilter. I agree.

If your mother made all those quilts she certainly IS a quilter...and a darn good one, too! If she didn't...then you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by rknarr3 View Post
    My mom is 85 years old and her memory ain't as good as it used to be and she is not a quilter. I agree.

I'm a quilter, Have been for 20 plus years. Have made A LOT of quilts and blocks, Just got thru hand stitching 20 Dresden blocks. Most of the quilts I have made didn't have names, I designed them myself. And I certainly can not remember the names of every block I ever did. I'm 54 and my memory is pretty good.....But I wonder why some think because I'm a quilter I should Know ever quilt name or remember every or all block names???

I agree with Marietta, there is no way I remember all the names of blocks or quilt patterns. I'm lucky to piece all my quilts-left tests behind years ago.
    Rob, your mom had some beautiful quilts. Thanks for posting pictures of them.
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

Rob, do you know the name of the person who made the quilts and when they were made? If you do, that is often important information to the person who might collect quilts and will help you sell them. You have some very attractive vintage quilts. Do you know whether they are hand pieced and stitched? That's another bit of info that you'll want to include in the ads.
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you donít need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest