Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question on emb. machine - nunnyJo >

question on emb. machine - nunnyJo

question on emb. machine - nunnyJo

Old 10-01-2014, 04:14 AM

Default question on emb. machine - nunnyJo

question on emb. machine. Working on Designer 1 and want to trade up. Opinions please on best to buy?
Old 10-01-2014, 07:18 AM

It depends on where are you trading at Viking??? or other brands? if you are staying with Viking it also depends on your budget, what hoop sizes you want to have and screen size of the machine if small ones bother you or not. I am a Viking girl and have 2 SE machines and the first version of Diamond that was made in Sweden and love them both, not only for embroidery but sewing too.
Good luck!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:30 PM

I also love my Vikings, I have the #1, had the Ruby and traded up to the Diamond Deluxe. Love the large hoops, auto tension and design positioning and so many other things, lets not forget the cutwork needles; that's my favorite thing to do. Vikings are great
Old 10-01-2014, 02:12 PM

I have a Viking Ruby and do all my quilting using embroidery designs. I have even done 2 queens and 1 king size quilt.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:57 PM

I have Janomes as do most of my friends. I have a combo machine.... 11,000SE it sews & embroiders. I wouldn't trade for it. I got if from our local sewing machine store. Used it was a trade in for a model newer. I got it with the upgrades, a years warranty, newly serviced and LOTS of accessories/ hoops .... For $2500.00 this is in Texas. Several of my friends also have the Janome 12,000 & now the 15,000. I have 3 Janomes in all.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:23 AM

Check out all your local sewing machine shops - sit down and actually sew on them (bring a piece of cloth) and ask about any upcoming sales or incentives or reconditioned used machines for sale. Take all your info home and look it all over and eliminate all the machines that you can't afford. Then choose the one that best suits your needs. Remember to include how the shop staff treated you, do they have "guide" classes for you to learn how to use the machine and are they conveniently located to your home. This will help you make the very best choice for you!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:59 AM

I just traded designer SE for a baby lock ellisimo gold 2 ...so much easier to use than the designer. I agree that you should test drive more than one brand and go with what feels good!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:40 AM
dms

I have a Designer 1 also and kept it when I upgraded. I now have a Diamond Deluxe and love that, but sometimes I'm able to sew on the D1 when I'm embroidering. Just a thought in case you won't get much for your D1. Good luck, there are great machines out there.