Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for owners of the Q'nique >

Question for owners of the Q'nique

Question for owners of the Q'nique

Old 08-09-2018, 06:37 AM

Default Question for owners of the Q'nique

I watched a Leah Day video the other day and she was using a channel lock with her machine. I have never seen one on this machine before so was wondering if this is something new. Also if you have it was it an add on that you purchased separately or do they come on newer machines although it would be the same model? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

Is the machine on a frame? I have only heard of channel locks for frame quilting. If so, save yourself a lot of money and simply by some of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Online-Best-S.../dp/B018MM15QU

clamp them on the rails depending if you want to "channel lock" front to back or side to side. Works great for a fraction of the cost.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 AM

It is a feature of the Grace Continuum frame, not of the machine.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Feline fanatic yes it is on a frame, as for the clamps you suggest you can get those at Walmart for about $6.00 for 4 of the clamps. I use something similar for my regular clamps on my frame.
AStitchInTime the mechanism she pushed was on the carriage not on the frame. I just wanted to know if this was something new that the company is making available to owners who have purchased the machine.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AStitchInTime View Post
It is a feature of the Grace Continuum frame, not of the machine.
I tried looking this up prior to posting my question and couldn't find anything but I just tried again and you are right. I still would like to know if you can purchase it separately? I mean you would have to be able to otherwise who is going to give up their frame to buy another one just for the lock??
Old 08-09-2018, 04:25 PM

My channel locks came with my Continuum frame but they attach to the wheels of the machine. I have the BlockRockIt, which is the same as the Q'nique.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:11 AM

I have the Grace SR2 frame and saw the same video of Leah Day yesterday also. I loaded a quilt in the afternoon and used large binder clips for a channel lock. Worked great.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:04 AM

Does anyone have the link for that video?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:09 AM

Default Channel Lock

I purchased a Q'nique machine earlier this year and the channel lock came with it. It was not an option to add on. I didn't even know it existed for this machine. I've used it a couple of times, just for attaching the top to the batting and backing.

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
I watched a Leah Day video the other day and she was using a channel lock with her machine. I have never seen one on this machine before so was wondering if this is something new. Also if you have it was it an add on that you purchased separately or do they come on newer machines although it would be the same model? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 AM

I have a Block It Rock the same thing as a Q'nique. I bought mine a couple of years ago and it does not have this. I will be interested in following this discussion. Which Leah Day video was it, I would be interested.