Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question >

Question

Question

Old 06-04-2021, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the information. I have completed the tieing and have 2 side completely bound. I will wash and see what happens.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Homespun View Post
Thanks for the information. I have completed the tieing and have 2 side completely bound. I will wash and see what happens.
I had some older embroidery blocks and I called a "help hotline" about 20 years ago. They told me to wash it with the stuff you clean out a coffee maker with. It was the only thing that took the blue dots out. I had even washed the wall hanging and dried it thinking they would wash out--but one wash with some of this stuff and they were gone. You may want to google search that--but I remember being petrified that my floss colors would fade and it didn't.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:08 AM

The majority of these older quilt have the markings that are permeant as already stated. On one quilt like this I made years ago I decided it was the perfect quilt to sew buttons over the blue spots to secure the quilt. It was a lot of work and I even added some extra buttons in areas were things were not closely quilted.