Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A question to those who have the OBW books

I want to get the OBW book(s) to make the quilt. I am interested in cubes too.
    My question is, do I need to buy all three books or would just the last one have everything I need to know to make the quilt. I was reading some of the reviews on Amazon, and some mentioned that there is a lot of redundant information.

For those of you who have one or all of the books, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    I would say just the last one, it has all of the info you will need in it :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    hi, i made about 4 or 5 without the book, that was when it first came out at leat 12 yrs ago.it does elp if you have the ruler. go to the publi library and borrow theirs. Once youve done it, it's easy/peasy. there's also tuts here. don't waste money on the book whgen you can spend it on fabric. i looked at the books and went home and did it. good luck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie
    hi, i made about 4 or 5 without the book, that was when it first came out at leat 12 yrs ago.it does elp if you have the ruler. go to the publi library and borrow theirs. Once youve done it, it's easy/peasy. there's also tuts here. don't waste money on the book whgen you can spend it on fabric. i looked at the books and went home and did it. good luck
    I agree. Definitely use the library books. Then you can decide whether or not you want to buy them.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I am a bit of a book junkie, LOL. love collecting them. My library doesn't have much selection of quilting books on hand (especially newer ones), although I can "order" one for them to get from other libraries in the state.

I bought the Encore one and it has everything

Blog Entries
    'scuse me, what's the OBW book? Just curious! Happy Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    'scuse me, what's the OBW book? Just curious! Happy Sunday.
    http://www.amazon.com/One-Block-Wond.../dp/1571203222

Blog Entries
    Oh, yeah! One blocks! Thanks

I have the first two books and haven't bought the cube yet. I would not have been able to do it without and don't have a library I can use. Nearest library is city and they won't let the county people use it. They don't have many good books anyway.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I have all three and believe there is value in all of them. I had the book open as an instruction manual for the first couple then after that only as a reference guide. (Lynnie you must be a far more clever person than me if you could go home and make the quilt after a quick skim through the book in the library!) But even now, having made a good few of these, I still refer to the books for border ides, design inspiration or just to refresh my memory if I haven't made one in a while. I for one love this technique and am thankful to Maxine and Joy for developping it as it has given and continues to give me many hours of pleasue.

Thanks all for your helpful suggestions. I am going to start with Encore and go from there.