Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for you? stuck on a zigzag stitch >

Question for you? stuck on a zigzag stitch

Question for you? stuck on a zigzag stitch

Old 03-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Default Question for you? stuck on a zigzag stitch

I have a brother DreamCreator Innov's 2400,I was having a problem, where my machinet was stuck on a zigzag stitch. It would sew a stright stitch fine. I took it in as it was over do for a cleaning, when I took it in I sent a sample of what the stitches looked like and the stitch number, so the repair man could see what I was talking about.

I got it back and thinking it would cost me a lot to get it fixed it was only 79.00 the cost of a cleaning. I asked them and they said it sewed great, they even sent a sample of how it sewed on the different stitches. I wa so happy , till I got it home and it started doing the same thing, zigzag on all the stitches but the stright stitch.
I took it back and it sewed fine, the lady had me show her how I threaded the machine and load and wind the bobbin had me sew on it and it sewed great stitches.I felt like a real dummy.

I got it home again and it sewed again all zigzag stitches but for the stright stitch.I called them back and she said that it must be a intermittent problem and I would have to bring it in and leave it there for a few weeks,and they would sew on it from time to time.
I had to finish two baby quilts so I finished them up just using a stright stitch. I was going to bring the machine in and I thought I would tried the other stitches and wouldn't you know it sewed great all the stitches as should be.
So what would you do... just keep sewing on it, or take it in. The warranty is gone so I will be paying to have it fixed myself. Like the lady said we can't fix something if we can't see it broken..
I guess I could just keep sewing on it and hope for the best.. I think my machine is possessed..haha

Has this happened to anyone else.. Thanks , sorry this is so long..
Old 03-03-2019, 03:00 AM

I'm sure the repair shop tho't of doing this, but the first thing I would think to do is re-calibrate the screen. Probably has already been done, but you know the instructions are in your manual, and can never hurt to ck that out. It is very puzzling that only the zz stitch is acting up. I think I would dismiss the problem if there is a substitute stitch you can use instead of the zz--until the machine needs some other repair in the future. Then throw in this additional complaint for them to work on while it's in shop. Just me.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:58 AM

I can’t help you but I bought a sweet little green Singer on Craig’s List. 3/4 size. It sewed a nice stitch, then all of a sudden it went crazy. I tried what I could, took it to the repairman, it cost me $79 to find out I had changed the needle and put it in wrong.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:00 AM

Can you post pictures of the screen settings? What setting are you on when this happens?

Do you have a preferences page on the screen of this machine? ( I don't know the model specifics.) Check to make sure zig zag is not the default stitch go through all the settings to make sure they are on default/original settings.

Do you have a picture of a lock on the home screen? That button is used to lock the stitch selection so you don't accidentally hit something on the screen and change the setting.

Go to the manual and these will be explained in more detail if the machine has them.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:44 AM

Thank you everyone, this is just so crazy when it goes back to just sewing a zigzag stitch, but I will try some of the things you all said and see if this works. right now it's sewing as it should so hopefully it wull stay that way.. Thanks again...
Old 03-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Clear your memory out. I have accidently hit the memory save button and had it do this to me. It will save a number of stitch patterns and come up when you go back to using that stitch. I am sure your manual will instruct you on how to do that.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

I am forever hitting the front of my machine with my fingers every time i put a straight pin in the pin cushion to my right. i hate that! then must turn off and then back on the machine to get it back to where it was.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I am forever hitting the front of my machine with my fingers every time i put a straight pin in the pin cushion to my right. i hate that! then must turn off and then back on the machine to get it back to where it was.
I was doing the same thing, hitting the buttons. I now stick a “post it” above the buttons to remind me not to hit them. Works great and no lasting damage.