Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions about Grandmother's Flower Garden (one regarding EQ7) >

Questions about Grandmother's Flower Garden (one regarding EQ7)

Questions about Grandmother's Flower Garden (one regarding EQ7)

Old 09-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
In EQ7, start a new project and in the block library, search for "Grandmother's" and select the GFG block to add to sketchbook. Close the library and click on Quilt > New Quilt > One Patch Quilt

You'll have a layout ready from there. :)

There is probably an easier way to do this - I'm no expert with EQ, for sure.
Hi--I have tried but can't duplicate your results. I have tried following your sequence, but I am unable to find a search box in the block library. Can you advise me how to do that? I, too, am a newbie to EQ7 but all I see are diamond-shaped hex patterns (stars, diamonds, etc.), no hexagon-shaped patterns in EQ7.

Many thanks,
Fran
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by frannella
Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
In EQ7, start a new project and in the block library, search for "Grandmother's" and select the GFG block to add to sketchbook. Close the library and click on Quilt > New Quilt > One Patch Quilt

You'll have a layout ready from there. :)

There is probably an easier way to do this - I'm no expert with EQ, for sure.
Hi--I have tried but can't duplicate your results. I have tried following your sequence, but I am unable to find a search box in the block library. Can you advise me how to do that? I, too, am a newbie to EQ7 but all I see are diamond-shaped hex patterns (stars, diamonds, etc.), no hexagon-shaped patterns in EQ7.

Many thanks,
Fran
Fran, when you click on Libraries > Block Library, a new window should pop up. Under the pictures of blocks, there are four buttons. Click Search > Notecard then in the next window, type grandmother's in the window and click "Search"

Scroll through the results to find the one that looks like this with all hexagons. Click Add to Sketchbook and close the library.

At the top of your project, click on Quilt > New Quilt > One Patch quilt and you should have an all-hexagons layout.

But come to think of it, maybe you're missing the GFG block for the block library?

If you will message me, I will make up a file with this block and a layout in it that you can open in EQ7. I'll be gone for a week, but I'll be happy to help you however I can when I get back. :)
Old 09-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

I use to use the paper templates until I was shown to handsew the hexes together with a 1/4" seam. One step, no basting, removing paper, or whip stitching the hexes together. And this way no stitches show. When you get 1/4" at the end of the seam, add another hex and keep going.

I have EQ7 and I can get either the GFG block or whole quilt template.

To find the GFG block in EQ you have to type
grandmother's flower garden. It has to have the 's and probably won't type all of garden, too many letters.