Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions on tote bags >

Questions on tote bags

Questions on tote bags

Old 06-14-2015, 10:41 PM

You are in Indy and if she is too, it rains often there. Well at least some of the time. How about adding a place on the outside that would hold an umbrella, in case she is caught in a storm and perhaps a pocket for a water bottle. That is how I am making mine. You could use a tab with a snap or elastic to keep it snug at the top.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I made this one--my first real tote. I wrote about it here on QB. I put quite a few pictures on the post.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t226830.html
Mahalo for all your extra comments on how to make the bag. I love BIG bags and this one looks just about as perfect as any bag I've ever seen.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:00 PM

I made this tote a few years ago out of light weight upholstery fabric and a nylon faux suede. I used a light weight iron on fusible. I called it my "Carpetbag!" I used it as a carryon for a trip to London and Paris. I could put all kinds of things in it: all traveling papers, place for water bottles, books, food, extra clothing, valuables and it still fit under the seat. You would be surprised at the space. BTW. I left my purse at home on purpose.... It is a little time consuming but nothing the average sewer couldn't handle.. just label things as u cut them... Funny thing, my daughter just asked me to make her a new tote bag as she is a Wilton Cake decorator instructor. This bag immediately came to mind but I couldn't remember the name of it. so Thanks! for re-freshing my memory!
Originally Posted by alikigirl View Post
The professional tote is a great bag, but it does have lots of pattern pieces. I have used mine for years.
http://thecreativethimble.com/shop/professional-tote/
Old 07-28-2015, 11:49 PM

What colors does she like? I would make something strong & durable of a dark color combo.