Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quick Snap Quilting >

Quick Snap Quilting

Quick Snap Quilting

Old 08-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prism99
I had the qsnap floor frame. Loved that it was light and portable, and that it was easy to snap the quilt in and out of it. It was also easy to take apart for storage and put back together again for use. My back did not like it, however, even when the back was propped up so the surface was tilted. I do much better with a swivelling lap hoop because I can keep my back straight.

Also tried the smaller qsnap frames (the non-floor type). They were okay, but had the same problem for me that any plain hoop has -- making me feel as if I really needed 3 hands: 2 to quilt, and 1 to hold the hoop. Again, my lap hoop takes care of that problem for me.
since I do struggle with fibromyalgia, wondering, Prism, what kind of swivel hoop do you use?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:47 PM

I put a bit of sand paper in my pvc frame snaps. Held the fabric very well and it was inexpensive to replace if needed.

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 08-15-2009, 05:37 PM

I don't use anything on my clamps, but the ones I cut a lil too wide/big do sometimes tend to pop off once in a while. The ones that have smaller openings don't go anywhere.

If you have problems with leaning over you could always make the "legs" taller. :)
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dvseals
I don't use anything on my clamps, but the ones I cut a lil too wide/big do sometimes tend to pop off once in a while. The ones that have smaller openings don't go anywhere.

If you have problems with leaning over you could always make the "legs" taller. :)
why didn't I think of that?
that's what i need you guys for :wink:

mimisharon, the sandpaper is a good idea, too :D
Old 08-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
since I do struggle with fibromyalgia, wondering, Prism, what kind of swivel hoop do you use?
Here's a link to the one I use and love:

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/9113.htm

I can easily adjust it to any angle, and there is nothing underneath to interfere with my hand position.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

Here's a link to the one I use and love:

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/9113.htm

I can easily adjust it to any angle, and there is nothing underneath to interfere with my hand position.
that's a great looking hoop, with an armrest. I am looking at this and the pvc frame. I might actually make the frame and use it part time as a playhouse for grandbabies. Just make a cover for it.
I've bought things from Keepsake quilting and they are great! :D
Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

that's a great looking hoop, with an armrest. I am looking at this and the pvc frame. I might actually make the frame and use it part time as a playhouse for grandbabies. Just make a cover for it.
You know, they say it's an arm rest on that description, but I've never used it that way. I don't think it would work as an arm rest either. Wonder how they came up with that?

The PVC floor frame would make a great playhouse!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

You know, they say it's an arm rest on that description, but I've never used it that way. I don't think it would work as an arm rest either. Wonder how they came up with that?

The PVC floor frame would make a great playhouse!
hmmm? maybe it just makes it stronger, and they thought it would be a nice marketing ploy to call it an armrest? unless you have thick arms, lol, which i definitely do not. I really like the look of it, and it looks like a nice price. not too bad. :D