Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A quilt for a broken heart and some advise needed. >

A quilt for a broken heart and some advise needed.

A quilt for a broken heart and some advise needed.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:25 PM

Beautiful. How about a label that says something like. Made in memory of: (furbaby's name)
by your name and date

With a small picture
Old 08-28-2011, 03:31 PM

I would put photo and name, but omit dates.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
A close friend's daughter was going on her daily walk with one of her dogs. While they were out enjoying the secenery the dog fell to the ground and died instantly and the girl had to carry her dead fur baby back to the house.
The vet said that it was a heart attack, the dog was only 5 yrs of age.

Anyway, her mom told me that she liked to curl up on the couch with both dogs and snuggle into a blanket which I was told is very old, worn and has rips and tears in it.

I am making this quilt (mom knows) for her and hopefully she will see fit to use it with her remaining dog.
(pictur of the top which iI finished this morningis is below)

My question is this....do you think it would be a good idea or not to include something about her deceased fur baby. She gave me a picture of him and I could transfer it on to fabric and sew it on the back with the name and dates of birth and death?

Thanks for you opinions!
Yes, definately add the photo. I think the dates are fine also. I have a photo as my screen saver of my (deceased) dog (1 year now), so I can look at her everyday and she is looking back at me with her big Chihuahua eyes. (no I was not going to say big buggy eyes)...hahaha
Old 08-28-2011, 04:32 PM

she will just love and enjoy this beautiful quilt
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Dee

Beautiful quilt. I would include a little note on back. Just my opinion.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
A close friend's daughter was going on her daily walk with one of her dogs. While they were out enjoying the secenery the dog fell to the ground and died instantly and the girl had to carry her dead fur baby back to the house.
The vet said that it was a heart attack, the dog was only 5 yrs of age.

Anyway, her mom told me that she liked to curl up on the couch with both dogs and snuggle into a blanket which I was told is very old, worn and has rips and tears in it.

I am making this quilt (mom knows) for her and hopefully she will see fit to use it with her remaining dog.
(pictur of the top which iI finished this morningis is below)

My question is this....do you think it would be a good idea or not to include something about her deceased fur baby. She gave me a picture of him and I could transfer it on to fabric and sew it on the back with the name and dates of birth and death?

Thanks for you opinions!
How about a picture, and the words 'new friends are good, old friends are the great'.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:37 PM

Your quilt top is just lovely, and so are you for doing this for the bereaved dogmom. If it were me I would love to have the picture of my lost furkid on the quilt, so I could literally snuggle with him again. I would like the name and dates, too, since the quilt will last a long time. "In loving memory of" would be a very nice addition.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:45 PM

I lost my beloved 13 year old Aussie 2 1/2 years ago. Even though I have new Aussies (which are wonderful) I still sometimes burst into tears when I think of her. How sad for this young lady. Simply heartbreaking.

I think the suggestions to print a picture on fabric and put it as a label is a wonderful idea. It would be like the pup was with them curled up on the couch.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:20 PM

I think checking with her mother is a good idea but I also think a quilt made in the pets memory is a wonderful idea.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:30 PM

My thanks to each and all who took the time to respond to my question. I appreciate your opinions and your idea of checking with mom about the dates is excellant.

My heart goes out to those of you who have experienced the lose of a four footed friend and I too can relate to that pain.

Thanks for the poems and suggestions of the wording.

This board is soooooooooo helpful.