Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Cad

Quilt Cad

Does anyone use Quilt Cad or a similar program? If so how do you like it for making pantographs?
    Reviews please. Thanks in advance.

Quilt CAD was a program that came on my HQ 16 ProStitcher. Thus my setup is for computerized quilting on my HQ16. I can print our a pattern if I want to, only that isn't necessary for me.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

If all you want to do is make a pantograph to print out I'm sure you'll get a number of responses. I have robotics on my quilt machine and so I use ProQ Designer to layout my patterns whether it will be an E2E or what you might call a pantograph.........or custom which I like to do most. I can make my layout, tweak the patterns to fit the space I need, then print out the whole layout or just one of the patterns for reference while quilting. This layout will also give me an approximate amount of thread needed (x 2 for bobbin thread). I can also print out a marking reference for the E2E passes so I know where to mark my quilt. Its a wonderful program, maybe a bit pricey but so worth it to me. I can also convert patterns I've purchased from a number of sites, slice and dice them to make even more patterns. Can't say enough about this program.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird