Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Quilt Clapper >

The Quilt Clapper

The Quilt Clapper

Old 12-19-2020, 04:38 AM

I purchased mine from TNT quilt boards...I believe they have two sizes. I purchased it it last year when doing BH Frolic and have it handy at my ironing station. Tntquiltboards.com
Old 12-19-2020, 03:38 PM

Default The Quilt Clapper

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
I have read remarks from quilters about how they love using a quilt clapper and how much it helps improve their seams. Looking for one on Amazon, there are several varieties. If you have one, can you please share the type or shape or something to help guide me. TIA.
There have been times over the years when I have misplaced my clapper and used a clean piece of 2x4 wooden board. I usually use the board to hammer on those jeans buttons but it also works well on keeping seams flat.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:50 PM

I recently bought the Riley Blake clapper and it really does help. My seams/intersections really are flatter. I saw Kimberly Jolly use one - you may want to look over some of the videos from the Fat Quarter Shop for a demonstration. That is what sold me on the clapper.

I have an old tailor's clapper I got from Nancy's Notions many years ago, but this is a little different.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:18 AM

I have been using a hardback book, but it's becoming wearing to be grabbing it with thumb arthritis.

Is there a preferred weight or size that everyone likes?

I am thinking that if it had a handle, I could use my arm to lift it, and with a bit of weight, I could maybe avoid pressing down on it or at least less.

thanks,
charlotte