Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt-in-a-Day Has This On Sale for DIRT CHEAP >

Quilt-in-a-Day Has This On Sale for DIRT CHEAP

Quilt-in-a-Day Has This On Sale for DIRT CHEAP

Old 12-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Administrator

i haven't looked at the rest but i encourage you to get one of these if you don't already have it. Easy Angle ruler. i use mine to pre-clip the rabbit ears off triangles so they're easier to line up properly for stitching. for only $2 plus shipping, it's a steal. :-)

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...ay.asp?i=10073
Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM

I got one free from a card in quiltmaker magazine....it was a really good one....i was expecting something thin a very handy one to have
:D
Old 12-12-2008, 04:45 PM

I found a bunch of little things that I liked. My bill was less than $20 but then they wanted almost $9 to ship it!! :cry: :cry:
Old 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM

I know, that's what gets me. A pattern with some companies, they charge tons of money for shipping. Most patterns can be put in an envelope and sent for about $1. Something small, that doesn't weigh much is cheap to mail and I don't understand why they have to charge an arm and leg.
I can understand if some things that are bought could break in transit and need to be wrapped, but most will fit in a flat rate box for $9.80 and I don't mind paying for that. But, when they want to charge that price for a yard of fabric or a pattern, that's just way too much.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Thank you for sharing this great link. I have already ordered a couple of things from them.

Happy Holidays,
Cheryl
Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 AM

When you buy something to be shipped, it's not just the postage that you're charged. Someone has to find the item you ordered, wrap and mail it. If you drive to a store to buy it, you pay for the gas and the time is yours. Companies pay salaries to people who fill your orders. These costs are factored in to the S&H. Sometimes when you compute the S&H for ordering online, it's less expensive to pay a little more and drive to the store. That's something you have to decide for yourself.