Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Easy portable frame questions >

Quilt Easy portable frame questions

Quilt Easy portable frame questions

Old 10-29-2014, 04:37 PM

Default Quilt Easy portable frame questions

I ran across one of these on Craigslist that is brand new, in the box. Does anyone have any experience with this? I can only find one place that shows anything about it when I do a google search. It is metal and clamps to a banquet table, has a carriage for your machine. Anyone?

Thanks!
Vickie
Old 10-30-2014, 12:13 AM

Never heard of it. You'd have to make sure your machine would fit on the carriage base. Understand that if you are using a domestic sewing machine (with a small throat area, typically 9" or so) you will only be able to move the machine vertically about half the distance of the throat area. What I don't understand is how you would be framing the quilt with that set up. Typically on longarms, the table holds the machine, which moves, and the quilt is framed in front of that on rigid poles with leaders on them, and where nothing moves. The frame for the quilt needs to be attached to the table/sewing machine set up.

Last edited by JustAbitCrazy; 10-30-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:28 PM

I had one before I bought an actual frame. It worked quite well for me within my limitations of size of machine (at the time I had a 9 inch throat Janome that worked on it). Also, you still baste your quilt together, then clamp it to the frame. It's a good, inexpensive system. The one I had could do up to a double size quilt.
Another attraction was that the frame could be taken off the table and put against the wall, freeing the table for other purposes.