Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt that jumpstarted my quilting mojo >

Quilt that jumpstarted my quilting mojo

Quilt that jumpstarted my quilting mojo

Old 09-09-2021, 03:12 PM

Default Quilt that jumpstarted my quilting mojo

Our Prayer Quilt Ministry did not meet during the lockdown. I closed the door on my quilting room and did nothing during the lockdown. Saw a quilt and had to do it. I am loving the feel of fabric and the sound of my machine again. This is my interpretation of the quilt.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:44 PM

I’m afraid I don’t see it
Old 09-09-2021, 10:55 PM

Can you post a pic of the quilt, or a link to where we can see it?

I'm also in Vancouver! Salmon Creek! Howdy, neighbor!
Old 09-09-2021, 11:08 PM

I would love to see your quilt!
Old 09-10-2021, 04:25 AM

Like others here I would love to see it but in the mean time, I think many of use have had to jump start our mojo. I am so glad you were able to do this.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:24 AM

Glad you are getting your sewing mojo back!
Old 09-15-2021, 02:48 AM

Congrats on getting your mojo back up and running! Would you share your quilt photo?
Old 09-15-2021, 03:24 AM

It took me months to get the right combination of my old digital camera and my various computer protections and things like that before I could get pictures to post. The help section here does have a lot of good info!
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/

For me it turned out that my file sizes were too big, although my software has been updated I have limited options with my old camera and I go to this site to reduce the file sizes, I just use their defaults and download my pictures through the site so two clicks and I'm done. No affiliation to the site, but it is easy and doesn't set of my virus protections.
https://www.reduceimages.com/

The other thing still trips me up about half the time -- once you have attached your pictures, you have to adjust the window and stretch it to the far right so you can see the upload button!

I've never been able to use the paper clip icon and I don't do well inserting the pictures in the text, just the thumbnails at the bottom. so I use the Go Advanced options.

PS/Edit -- and then the other thing to be aware of is we have limited time to edit our posts. That's a common forum thing so that people don't do bad things and then attempt to cover up. It's not very long -- maybe 5 minutes? After that you have to do a new post.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:24 AM

One surefire way I get back in the creative groove is tidying my stash! Sometimes just making a mug rug is all I can handle, so that is what I do. Little steps! They lead to the leaps and bounds...

I took a class once from Rayna Gillman, who told the story of her quilting while caring for her terminally ill husband...after a day of caring she was exhausted but so wanted to sew as a restorative endeavour. But she was too tired to do anything demanding. She just started sewing strips of fabric together, putting them in pairings that pleased her. Then joining the pairings into strip sets, which she threw into a drawer. Months later, when the storm had passed, she got out the strip sets and started creating from them...her famous quilting prompt is "what if???"

I too now have a box of strips (I cut 1" and 1 1/2" strips off every fabric I buy) that I piece together when I want the solace of sewing and working with colours without having to engage the brain! So soothing. And the strip sets turn out to really ignite your creative flow...I have used them in all kinds of projects.

Last edited by WesternWilson; 09-18-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:52 AM

I can understand and relate to how you felt when lock down hit. I too, could not ‘create’ for a while. When I thought of some preprinted verses I started making blocks to make a throw size quilt. It started my sewing again and I call it my Covid quilt. The verses encouraged me and gave me hope for tomorrow. Here it is. So glad you’re back doing what you obviously love.
Attached Thumbnails 78594448-042c-4b86-8bac-2168a6b908e7.jpeg   d3bf046a-c5a4-4143-bb37-2c7ebdb18eaa.jpeg