Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt labels >

quilt labels

quilt labels

Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by frecklestweety
I am having a senior moment and not sure what is EQ? I am doing a memory quilt and not the traditional squares so the border I am not sure about yet. Just finished doing the pictures and starting to put the squares together. Making the quilt like a tee shirt quilt. all the squares are 12" finished.
I did purchase the custome Hp quilt label kit today. Hope its easy to use.
thanks for your suggestions.
EQ is Electric Quilt, quilt design software. Current version is EQ7.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 PM

I was given the HP quilt label kit. I don't use it at all anymore. There wasn't enough flexibility to design my own in that program.

Now I use my Word program on my computer. I can easily change the font, the size of the font, and the color of the font. I can easily scan in on my printer/scanner any picture or drawing I might want to add. I have used scanned material to help with my designs.

If I want it fancier, then I can use one of the greeting card programs to do the writing and all.

I don't buy the fancy ink jet prepared sheets. I wash my fabric without softener. Then I iron it onto freezer paper, trim the edges, and re-iron the leading edges.

I have literally made thousands of labels as I make them for one of my quilting groups for our charity quilts. When I make a lot I request someone else do the washing of the material. Then a close friend and I cut out the material and the freezer paper at our homes and get together to do the ironing, trimming, and printing. We also iron after the printing to set the ink.

ali
Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
I was given the HP quilt label kit. I don't use it at all anymore. There wasn't enough flexibility to design my own in that program.

Now I use my Word program on my computer. I can easily change the font, the size of the font, and the color of the font. I can easily scan in on my printer/scanner any picture or drawing I might want to add. I have used scanned material to help with my designs.

If I want it fancier, then I can use one of the greeting card programs to do the writing and all.

I don't buy the fancy ink jet prepared sheets. I wash my fabric without softener. Then I iron it onto freezer paper, trim the edges, and re-iron the leading edges.

I have literally made thousands of labels as I make them for one of my quilting groups for our charity quilts. When I make a lot I request someone else do the washing of the material. Then a close friend and I cut out the material and the freezer paper at our homes and get together to do the ironing, trimming, and printing. We also iron after the printing once it is fully dry, to set the ink.

ali
I forgot one thing: DON'T use the BEST quality printing as it will have excess ink that the fabric will not be able to absorb and the label will get messier.

ali