Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt ladder - happy! >

quilt ladder - happy!

quilt ladder - happy!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Will DH share his 'plans' for this ladder? Great display and you have a treasure trove of family quilts. Lucky You!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM

Doubt there were any plans involved. It all started when he built a shelf unit for the garage. The side pieces of the shelf unit were just like a ladder - two parallel slats with cross pieces to support the shelves. I thought he'd finally built my quilt ladder, but ... no. He couldn't believe that's all I wanted - two parallel beams with crosspieces to hold the quilts. I'll ask what wood he used, but know it was too expensive. When I asked for more he said he'd do them from pine to be less expensive. I wanted it spray painted, but instead it's stained with ebony stain then polyurethaned. Our entertainment center is black and so is the area rug. In the pic it looks like everything else is brown. So anyway - I'll ask him for details. (He's asleep and I'm not!)
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Looks great and such great quilts to display. Great quilt ladder.
Yes, yes, yes! I have an old ladder I found in an alley that I have some of my quilts on. I'll take a picture & post it (unless I have a senior moment & forget to... LOL!). I love quilt ladders & your's is awesome!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:12 PM

Looks great....DH asked me this AM how many rods I needed for mine. I can't wait.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 PM

love the ladder..... made a few of them myself..... ;-) and the quilts are awlsum......
Old 07-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

What a wonderful display of your quilting history. The forth quilt is a Bow tie pattern. They are all very cool. I remember when people were making quilts with that indistructable poly! And his childern will use it too!

peace
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 PM

Very nice. I believe that fourth one is a bowtie, rather than churn dash. Nice display and family history of quilting.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:50 AM

Love that you have so many family quilts! And what a wonderful way to display them.
Good to have a handy hubby isn't it?! My Mother was forever finding a picture of something she wanted my Dad to create. Sweet memories.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:32 AM

Jan, that is fabulous!!! What a wonderful way to display some of your family history... and it's beautiful, too.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:27 PM

I drooled over your ladder and asked my husband if he could make me one. "Sure, just get the dimentions." I was in shock. Soooo, before he looses interest, can you ask your dear hubby,,,,,,How far are the rungs apart? How far are the rails apart?
We have cathedral ceilings in our family room and this would go with my decor so nicely. Don't know how to get to your response unless you post it on here...

Thank you in advance.