Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt lost in mail!

Blog Entries
    Last Sat., Dec. 4, I mailed a lap quilt to my sister for a Christmas gift using the postal service. It was going from Indiana, PA to Kent, OH, not a long journey. I only sent it with delivery confirmation, no tracking. It hasn't arrived yet. I am sick at heart. It is the first quilt I ever made for her and the first time I had a quilt longarmed. UPS delivered my other sister's and mom's quilts in 1 day. Live and learn. Next time I use UPS for everything! :thumbdown:

If you had Delivery Confirmation, there is a tracking number. You can go on USPS.com & see where the package was processed last.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    Last Sat., Dec. 4, I mailed a lap quilt to my sister for a Christmas gift using the postal service. It was going from Indiana, PA to Kent, OH, not a long journey. I only sent it with delivery confirmation, no tracking. It hasn't arrived yet. I am sick at heart. It is the first quilt I ever made for her and the first time I had a quilt longarmed. UPS delivered my other sister's and mom's quilts in 1 day. Live and learn. Next time I use UPS for everything! :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    If you had Delivery Confirmation, there is a tracking number. You can go on USPS.com & see where the package was processed last.

I did go to USPS and it just said it was out for delivery Dec. 6. Didn't say where it was delivered unfortunately.

Sharon,
    Don't give up yet. Even though it should have been there already, it may still get there.
    Pray about it. GOD knows where it is.

Call your local post office. They should be able to track it to it's last scanned destination. I had the same thing with my mother in law's birthday gift. Had hubby mail it and insure it, No delivery confirmation or anything else. they were able to track it down to where it was last scanned. with help from several post offices some wonderful workers found it sitting in a sub station to be sent back to me becasue the zip code could not be read. they changed it and sent it to her. Took almost a month, her card mailed the same day got there the next day.????

If your local post office does not want to track it, try calling the 800 #.

Keep the faith, don't give up. I bet it'll show up soon. Remember it's the Holidays and all sorts of packages are out and about. It'll get there, maybe a little slower but it'll get there.

Blog Entries
    contact the post office and have them to track it down for you

That is really odd - out for delivery means that the mail man is suppose to be delivering it that day. I would definitely contact the post office and find out what the deal is. The mail man should know where he left that package...
    stinkers though - I hope it makes it to her!

Blog Entries
    Don't panic yet - this time of the year things take longer and get caught up in places .

Always buy insurance to anything important that you send through the mail. Its not a lot for peace of mind.

Lanny

Power Poster
    Six days - is longer than usual - but I don't think it's time to panic yet. Give another two or three days and keep us posted.

It took five days last spring for a Visa payment to arrive - it arrived one day late so it got a late charge -

Out for delivery here means tomorrow. We are on the edge of town but have a rural carrier. I asked him where my package was the day before when it said out for delivery and only got a smile in return. Humph! I am a Fed Ex person after UPS damaged an antique table I actually had packed for shipping at their store!

Blog Entries
    I've had this happen when an item was delivered to the wrong house in my neighborhood. I've simply called the post office and they've located my mail carrier and had him try to recall where he remembered it being delivered to. I will say that some of finding it depends on your mail carrier's memory so I wouldn't wait too long to look into it.

I have all packages delervered to my business, open 6AM to 5PM but......when I have a ''new'' guy deliver my mail, he will just leave a package sitting outside the door!!!! No knock or anything!!! If it wasn't for the fact that the dogs hear his footsteps and bark, I would never know a box had been left......and my business door is 4 foot away from a public sidewalk. Knock on wood, I've never lost a package but.......

jodi in leavenworth

PS....they tell me, if it won't fit through the mail slot, the subistute delivery people do not have to ''open'' the door to deliver mail....shaking head in amazement. my regular guy ALWAYS comes in to chat for a minute or two.....

Blog Entries
    Well, the story has a happy ending. The mailman didn't deliver it to the front door like he usually does. He stuck it between the storm door and the back door! She just found it late this afternoon. I think the next time, I will make all deliveries in person!! :)

Gosh, that's sad...maybe, just maybe, it'll still arrive...

Banned
    Ohhh noooo I truely hope that quilt is found It was one of my longarming Jobs, It Is a beautifull quilt with some fantastic piecing.

Good heavens, sweetie!!! That's not long enough to start worrying! My friend sent me a check from her home, 40 miles away, and it took 8 days to reach me!!!! Glad she got it okay.......

Blog Entries
    Glad it arrived safely

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Glad it arrived! I sell on ebay and ship daily but this holiday season things seem to be moving slower than last.
    I totally disagree with insurance though. The hassle to do all the paperwork isn't worth it.

Well super glad she got it!! Now, send it my way!! HA! HA! :mrgreen: :-D :-P

Blog Entries
    Soo happy to here you had a happy ending! I would have been heartsick as well - especially after having it done on a LA.

I'm glad it arrived safely!

Quote Originally Posted by lllog
    Always buy insurance to anything important that you send through the mail. Its not a lot for peace of mind.

Lanny
    If you buy insurance, know that if it does get lost, you have to prove what it's worth with actual receipts. Your time means nothing to the shippers. So you won't get a drop in the bucket for what you've got into any of these lovely quilts!! Sad, but true! I have heard this from both UPS & USPS. I understand how scary it is to ship quilts across country. Shipped five of them myself! Three have arrived, I've got my fingers crossed for a Monday delivery & still working on the last one. Just wanted everyone to know that. About all the insurance does on handmade stuff is alerts the carriers that something possibly worth something is in a particular box. Be careful!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast