Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Pattern Prices >

Quilt Pattern Prices

Quilt Pattern Prices

Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Some of you may already have experienced this, but not only has fabric gone up, but a pattern which used to be $8.00 - 9.00 has gone up to $10.45 in the LQS. I can't believe it. Of course I had to buy it, I liked it so well, but I'll be looking for better avenues next time.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:41 PM
dd

I try to use free pattern off the internet whenever possible or borrow from friends. Even for clothing and such I wait until JoAnn's is having a sale to get it for $.99 or $1.99. I remember when I was little and patterns had gone up to $.75 and mom complaining about that. "They used to be $.25 and $.35 so I'm not buying any more patterns." She would probably roll over in her grave if she knew the prices of patterns today.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Are you serious????
I haven't noticed b/c I haven't bought any lately.
BUMMER!!!!!!!!! :(
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Have you looked at book prices? They have gone up as well. I have taken to the many many free patterns shown on all the fabric manufactures web site. Only the occasional exception will I purchase a single quilt pattern, and then it is probably a paper pieced pattern, but they are getting a bit out of my range for frequent use.
I remember shopping for clothing pattens with my Mom , she had a strict limit of no more than 50 cents for any pattern and then it had to have pants, skirt , and some kind of top. If the pattern only contained one item , back in the drawer.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:24 PM

I was thinking the quilt magazines are overpriced, too, but when you consider how many patterns are in an issue of a mag., I guess it's a bargain.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Marion Jean
I was thinking the quilt magazines are overpriced, too, but when you consider how many patterns are in an issue of a mag., I guess it's a bargain.
You guys are all so right. Guess we will have to keep our eyes open in this board's classifieds, too....for reasonable books and patterns, much less fabrics.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Let's start trading things, friends!!!!!!!! :D:D
Old 04-22-2011, 04:36 PM

I have had good luck buying used books on Amazon, too, and at our library when they have their book sales. Check at thrift stores too for books as well as patterns.