Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Patterns >

Quilt Patterns

Quilt Patterns

Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM

I think the most important thing is figuring out what kinds of quilts you like to make. I have had the experience of starting a project and find that the style or construction does not fit my temperment. I get stuck and then realized this is not for me, For instance, I like piecing but not intricate piecing.

I often do a pattern several time. I like the way that different fabric yield real differenct results. Quilting should make you feel good. You are the designer so do what you like!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 PM

I'm fairly new to quilting and have just pieced a few tops but I find myself wanting to repeat the pattern at least one more time just to feel more comfortable with the process. I'm thinking that will change as I grow more confident. I'm jumping in after the first of the year with Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt. :shock:
Old 12-09-2010, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by glenda5253
I'm fairly new to quilting and have just pieced a few tops but I find myself wanting to repeat the pattern at least one more time just to feel more comfortable with the process. I'm thinking that will change as I grow more confident. I'm jumping in after the first of the year with Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt. :shock:
I've quilted for years, and Roll, Roll, Cotton, Boll is my first mystery quilt. I'm loving it!! What fun!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM

All kinds of pattern and techniques.

I love art quilts. Wacky and scrappy quilts.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:21 PM

What is your pattern called for a table runner that is easy.
I am having a time with the one I have and it is for a beginner, the more I make the more difficult it is. But I think it is me.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:30 PM

One of my favorite things to do is find quilt patterns, trying something new is always a challenge, but I do remake my favorites like the log cabin quilt pattern.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
I have a simple three piece design that I use over and over. It changes look with the fabrics I am using.
It is quick and easy and varied from the plain square block.
Is this a design of your own or one that you purchased? Do you have a pic you could share? Would love to see it.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 PM

I have some old standbys that I go back to if I need something in a hurry. I have a list a mile long of all the new and different quilts I will be making.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:46 AM

Oh, I have made an applique quilt and a star quilt and a nine-patch, but I think I love the star quilts best. Applique is a close second, but I can't see myself repeating the pattern, there are so many to choose from! Have fun either way though :)
Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Sorry, I have a question to ask all of you but I don't know how to do it on this forum--if that is the right word. Can you plese tell in the simpliest way. Thank you sooooomuch!