Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Patterns >

Quilt Patterns

Quilt Patterns

Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM

I think I see the answer to my question on how to ask a question. So here it is. I am makeing a double sided table runner. My book Your First Quilt Book by Carol Doak says to layer with batting and muslin and baste. So do I put a layer of muslim and batting. Then add the muslim on the second piece. That is 5 layers, too thick.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by elsieirene
I think I see the answer to my question on how to ask a question. So here it is. I am makeing a double sided table runner. My book Your First Quilt Book by Carol Doak says to layer with batting and muslin and baste. So do I put a layer of muslim and batting. Then add the muslim on the second piece. That is 5 layers, too thick.
You'll probably get more answers if you start a new topic. On "main" click on "create new topic."
Old 12-13-2010, 02:14 PM

Thank you I will give it a try. I went to it but didn't know what to write. Great!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:35 AM

I try to do different patterns but still have a few favorites that keep being repeated.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 AM

I have made so many quilts since I started about 20 or more years ago. I do repeat the same quilt with different fabrics always enjoy each one. I make one and when someone says they would like that but in a different color I am off and going again. I have been fortunate that I don't have to try to find a home for the quilts I make usually I know who gets this one before I start it so work on it with that person in mind. A friend told me she quit quilts because no one in her family liked them and I was shocked I thought everyone just loved quilts that had been my experience I know some that have been used regularly and washed many times and are still going strong. So I am still making and sharing quilts.