Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Police are knocking at my door >

Quilt Police are knocking at my door

Quilt Police are knocking at my door

Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 AM

Love ya sweetie, but I'm not going to jail just to bring you your stash...after all, how would I get MY stash in with me and yours? And Martha Stewart would, I think, be the one to CALL the QP on you...
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
Love ya sweetie, but I'm not going to jail just to bring you your stash...after all, how would I get MY stash in with me and yours? And Martha Stewart would, I think, be the one to CALL the QP on you...
Ahh well, I guess my fate is sealed...I guess I will have to teach the inmates to quilt...and yes...Martha probably would, cause my work wouldn't be up to her standards....

Well folks, remember me fondly and just thank your lucky stars (Ohio, friendship, etc) the QP didn't get you...now if I could just learn not to blab when I get nervous :shock: Hey, do you think I could get out on good behavior?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 PM

LOL, now you know why I'm "In Hiding"
Old 12-22-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by olebat
When the Quilt Police get me, how do I make bond? I’ve been trying to knock out all of my UFO’s - got it down to a queen and a double. (Want to wait for adjustments on my LA before finishing them.) Found a “quick” project tucked in a drawer. One of those little teach yourself to quilt wall hangings with a poinsettia applique. Not wanting to start a major project, and in the mode of the season, opened the package which contained only the fabric, pattern and instructions. I did read the directions, just in case, and started cutting. All went well, bunches of half square triangles for the border, a narrow interior border, and a white on white center for the applique base. Went into the sewing annex to find some fusible, traced, fused and cut the pieces and began the embroidery by machine.

All was going well until I needed to put the centers on the poinsettias. Red fabric, fused to the same red fabric, is almost impossible to see. Chalk outlined the smaller portion of the flower, and took a shot. Used a machine blanket stitch, reduced the width of the stitch on the points I could see, but missed some bays. Went back to catch them. Kept thinking “galloping horses...galloping horses” left the extra stitches in place. Red on red - I couldn’t see to pick them out - who would notice - right?

Started to put the backing on. The provided muslin was smaller than the hanging. Now why did they do that? This is suppose to be learner friendly. It was close, but no cigar. Ran ditch stitches along the borders and diamond border pattern. Squared the piece, cutting off an easy 1/4" all around. Glued then sewed the binding. Hung the piece in the LR, and looked out the window for the uniformed people in the car with the Ohio Star on the door. I had hung it upside down. Husband laughed. Thought that was the way it was suppose to be - you hang flowers like that all the time. (Right, when I’m drying herbs.)

So, when the quilt police get me, and I go before the court, Judge Sharon will ask for leniency because the binding looks so good. Judge Laura will take away my Chicago School of Fusing diploma for the botched up job on the applique. But Judge Rickie will throw the book at me for losing the points on the border. (LOST, not just off a little, but cut off, because I didn’t get a piece of muslin from my stash and cut the right size.) Ohoo Oh, I hear a car. How do I make bail?
You need to send this to the Bitchy Stitcher blog! She knows how to relate to the quilt police. I had just had a big fight with a border fabric for my DS's quilt, NASCAR theme and it was printed so crooked. I was about to throw in the towel and just happened upon her blog. I told her that the quilt police would be after me because I didn't use LOQ fabric. Hobby Lobby had the NASCAR theme for the border. She had the best and funniest response to my frustration! When I told her I was about to throw it out, she responded Yes or you could just put it the drive way and run over it with your car. Made me LOL and I did finish it. She is priceless!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Nursie, you would have to actually HAVE good behavior for that to work...
Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
Nursie, you would have to actually HAVE good behavior for that to work...
Oh, yeah, well....ummmm....I will have to think this over....
Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 PM

L O L But they arent coming for you its me in Fla still trying to finish one after a year, and so many boo boos I LOST COUNT!!:)
Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by patdesign
L O L But they arent coming for you its me in Fla still trying to finish one after a year, and so many boo boos I LOST COUNT!!:)
Oh! You mean this has....all...been a...bad dream? (Or hallucination brought on by quilting projects dancing in my head :shock: )
Old 12-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Originally Posted by patdesign
Oh! You mean this has....all...been a...bad dream? (Or hallucination brought on by quilting projects dancing in my head :shock: )
Definitely!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Lol got too many funky colors in that wall hanging you're working on, nursie? Pretty bad when you can't tell whether you're in your sewing room or prison...

Is that a sign you should take a break?