Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt-Pro Systems- triangle magic..Opinions? >

Quilt-Pro Systems- triangle magic..Opinions?

Quilt-Pro Systems- triangle magic..Opinions?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 AM

I don't know about Triangle Magic. I have Triangulations and I really love it. I copied the CD onto my hard drive and put the CD away with my other backup media. I can print from my hard drive (which is faster on some computers) and not have to worry about digging out the CD every time I need to use it.

If Triangle Magic has HST's in 1/16" increments, plus instructions for QST's and flying geese, it might be just as good as Triangulations. And it's about the same price.

One thing missing from the Laundry Basket Quilt papers that I really wish was there, is the marking that shows you where to cut the bunny ears off of the blocks before you even press them open. That's one of the best things about the way that Triangulations prints.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I just went to the website and was really tempted to "purchase"......has anyone done the download purchase? or did the hard copy/cd purchase. I sometimes worry about just purchasing a download only>>>>>seems sort of like buying air...........
I downloaded mine with no problems.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
I don't know about Triangle Magic. I have Triangulations and I really love it. I copied the CD onto my hard drive and put the CD away with my other backup media. I can print from my hard drive (which is faster on some computers) and not have to worry about digging out the CD every time I need to use it.

If Triangle Magic has HST's in 1/16" increments, plus instructions for QST's and flying geese, it might be just as good as Triangulations. And it's about the same price.

One thing missing from the Laundry Basket Quilt papers that I really wish was there, is the marking that shows you where to cut the bunny ears off of the blocks before you even press them open. That's one of the best things about the way that Triangulations prints.
Triangle Magic only does 1/8" increments and they have a separate program for quarter square's which ultimately makes it cost more than Triangulations. It also does not have a program for Flying Geese but they do have another program for foundation borders which includes flying geese. I bought Triangulations just because of the flying geese feature. What I like about Triangle Magic is that it shows the block sizes, you click the icon, tell it how many squares you want and print. I haven't used Triangulations much because I'm the dingbat that didn't copy it to my hard drive and it is now mixed in with my gadrillion cd's but what I remember not liking about it was that I had to scroll down to find the size that I needed, figure out how many pages and then print. Both programs have their merits--I just like Triangle Magic's interface better.