Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt shops Asheville NC?

Quilt shops Asheville NC?

DH and I will be in Asheville for a few days of hiking and peace and quiet in a mountain "cabin". Would love to stop at a great quilt shop if time permits. Any suggestions? Thank you!

You have to visit the Asheville cotton Company. Great store with tons of fabric!
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Carolina Fabric Outlet, 301 Patton Cove Rd, Swannanoa, NC 28778 828-686-3336 has good prices. They're right at the exit on I-40 east of Asheville

Hours: Hours Mon Thru Fri 9:00-5:30,Sat 9:00-5:00

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
    You have to visit the Asheville cotton Company. Great store with tons of fabric!
    Yes, definitely stop at the Asheville Cotton Company. My DD and I were there this spring. Bought a bunch of stuff and even found some great fabric on their clearance table.

Thanks-We will be arriving from the east, so hopefully we can stop at both shops!

Quote Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
    Carolina Fabric Outlet, 301 Patton Cove Rd, Swannanoa, NC 28778 828-686-3336 has good prices. They're right at the exit on I-40 east of Asheville

Hours: Hours Mon Thru Fri 9:00-5:30,Sat 9:00-5:00
    Carolina Fabric Outlet has moved to Black Mountain, which is just east of Swannanoa on I-40. Take Exit 64 - if you're traveling west on 40, turn right onto Hwy 9 after you exit - Pizza Hut will be on your left just a few car lengths along - turn left just after Pizza Hut and you'll see it straight ahead. If you're traveling east on 40, still take Exit 64, but turn left onto Hwy 9 and you'll see the Pizza Hut on the left just after you go under I-40. They also changed their name to Carolina Foam and Fabric Outlet when they moved and have really expanded their stock of quilting material.

Ahhh....thank you phyldar-i wondered why i couldn't find any info, and googlemaps had it in 2 locations!