Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops in Eastern Oregon? >

Quilt shops in Eastern Oregon?

Quilt shops in Eastern Oregon?

Old 04-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Default Quilt shops in Eastern Oregon?

We'll be heading out to Eastern Oregon for a road trip. I've looked at some online directories, but I also know that not every shop makes it online.

We'll be heading east from Portland to Baker City, via Moro, Shaniko, Biggs, Hood River, the Dalles, Fossil, John Day, and then up to Pendleton, and back north via the Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick, Pasco--in WA).

any tips welcome!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:40 PM

Hood river has a great shop..ETC. You should check their website. The shop in Pendleton just closed,I think.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:48 PM

There is a great shop in Bakercity, and one in Halfway and there is one in La Grande. My sister lives in Bakercity and I visit her every summer. She is a quilter too, so we always hit all the shops. There is one in Joseph too.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 PM

You might also google shop hops for the area... there are a couple coming up soon in SW Washington.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 PM

In Richland (Tri-Cities) is Quiltmania.... a wonderful quilt shop, friendly owner and staff and great fabric. I have been to a few in Baker City but can't remember their names.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:20 PM

Awesome, thanks! I had only found the one in Joseph in my online searches. Real people are the best research resource:-).
Old 04-13-2014, 07:58 AM

Shaniko, Moro and Biggs are so small you might miss them if you blink. Too bad you can't get to Bend. They have quite a few great shops.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:47 PM

We're driving the Journey through Time scenic byway. Bend's another road trip:-).
Old 04-13-2014, 02:37 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Baker's main quilt shop closed, but in the mini mall they have one. Halfway has an awesome LQS. Pendleton's shop DID close. And Quiltmania in Richland (TriCities) is nice. LaGrande's is nothing to write home about. I do a BOM from there & never buy any fabric from them. They have a Claudsen's on Adams Ave, Main Street, that has more fabric. They sell hot tubs & sewing machines, but have an assortment of fabric, more than the LQS, Quilt Therapy. Quilts Plus in Halfway is where I love to go. If you can get to Walla Walla, they have Stash, which will be featured in Quilt Sampler this summer. It is so awesome. Three gals own it and each buy their own fabric for it, so it's loaded with fabric and thread and buttons. Lots of sale fabric. It's a half an hour northeast of Pendleton. You need to go there. It's my favorite place to shop, besides, Quilts Plus. The one in Baker is in the mini mall on Main Street where they have an ice cream parlor. Go in the ice cream parlor and walk out the mall door. It's right across from it. Hope this helps. The one in Baker is called Treasure Every Stitch.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:49 AM

Several have mentioned the quilt shop in Halfway... YES, it is awesome. I couldn't remember the name of it. Great staff too. I would say if you are going in that direction, it's a must stop. It is a curious drive to Halfway (IMHO). It's kind of tucked away in the middle of nothing but what a refreshing surprise!