Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops in Seoul??? >

Quilt shops in Seoul???

Quilt shops in Seoul???

Old 09-05-2016, 09:05 AM

Default Quilt shops in Seoul???

Dear quilty friends...our daughter and son-in-law have been teaching English in Seoul for several years. We've seen them when they've been in the states...but we're going to see them in Seoul this week! Very excited about that... but just had the thought to ask... Does anyone know of quilt shops in Seoul? Wouldn't it be fun to visit one!!

Happy Labor Day to all....
Old 09-05-2016, 10:23 AM

So fun! It's been several years since we left Korea (my husband was stationed there in the military), but I loved the Dongdaemun Fabric Market. It's pretty overwhelming, but I did find and purchase some quilting fabric. Enjoy and post pictures!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:49 AM

Oh what fun!! I visited my daughter there when she was stationed in ROK and had a blast!! Total environment shock for me - I live on a farm with my closest neighbor 3 miles away - Seoul has 10 million people living there in high-rise buildings as far as the eye can see! I was just beginning my journey into quilting when I went and we never found any fabric...missed the Dongdaemun Fabric Market totally (probably a good idea because I only had a carry-on suitcase for 2 weeks in ROK and 2 weeks in Australia). I can't wait to see pictures of what you find!!
Old 09-05-2016, 05:36 PM

There are some fabric manufacturers in South Korea. Maybe you could find out if they have an outlet. I only mention as I see a lot of fabric made in that country.