Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt shops >

quilt shops

quilt shops

Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Hi everyone. I will be spending a few days next month in Salem, MA and Boston. If any of you live in the area can you recommend a quilt shop or two to visit?
Thanks, Karen
Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 AM

Karen, if you have the time go to Keepsake quilting in Maine. It is about a two and half hour drive. I was once about 10 miles from it and did not go. I have regreted it for 14 years. I did not know I was that close to it.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Google Goddess

Hi,

You can do a google search quilt shops Salem, MA and quilt shops Boston You might want to call first to see if they are still in business.

Have fun!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by Karen's Kreations
Hi everyone. I will be spending a few days next month in Salem, MA and Boston. If any of you live in the area can you recommend a quilt shop or two to visit?
Thanks, Karen
Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 AM

I tried looking in my directory from WRBQ and only one listing in Salem: Marketplace Quilts 6 Front Street. None in Boston. Like craftybear said, call any ahead to make sure they are still opened or may have changed location.

Enjoy your trip.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Banned

There are many quilt shops in the Boston area depending on how far you want to travel. While you are in Salem be sure and visit the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell. It is downtown Lowell and has a small quilt shop/gift shop in the building. Wellsley has a nice shop which is west of Boston and if you want to travel a bit farther then.......About 40 miles west of Boston in Auburn is Appletree Fabrics and down the road on Route 20 are two more - Charlton Sewing Center, Fabric Stash, also in Charlton and in Sturbridge is Cabbage Quilts and Old Sturbridge Village that has their repro fabrics. I also know of one nearer Salem but will have to do some search to find it.
Then south of Boston there are shops in Canton, Franklyn, Walpole and North Attleboro. So......just depends on how far you want to travel. If you do go into Maine there is a store in Sanford that has large fabric section at really really really good prices. Usually prior years collections but about 3.89 per yd. Or was the last time I was up there. That should be within your driving distance.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

Try this site:

http://www.wrbqinc.com/ma.php

This site probably lists all the quilt shops in Massachusetts.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Many of those were listed in my book, just didn't pull out the atlas to see where they were in relation to other cities.

I figured there were shops in Boston all over. They'd be crazy not to. Yet, this book doesn't have any listings.

I do the same, check online and with this book, when I travel to check out shops along the way.

I'm sure you'll find enough at least to do a mini-shop hop while you're away. Post pictures of what you find too.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Thanks for the info. My daughter & I are visiting my aunt who is celebrating her 99th b'day on the 6th and my cousin. We'll only be there 2 days so we won't have time to travel too far. I'm going to print out the list you sent and see how much damage I can do! Thanks again.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, you will have fun!

Let us know what shops you visited and if you got any cool goodies.!

Craftybear
Originally Posted by Karen's Kreations
Thanks for the info. My daughter & I are visiting my aunt who is celebrating her 99th b'day on the 6th and my cousin. We'll only be there 2 days so we won't have time to travel too far. I'm going to print out the list you sent and see how much damage I can do! Thanks again.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:55 PM

Yes, Please share your adventure with us!