Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt show, what to buy

I am bringing my Mom to the quilt show in Oaks, PA. I know she will NEED to buy some things. She RV's full time and has limited space. She is an wonderful quilter but doesn't really have much other than the basics.

What are the "must buy" items she will need [that will also be fun for me to play with as I have very limited funds.]?

Thanks,
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    EVERYTHING...fabs that she MUST have, needles batts and of course,mt he NEW thing thats's beging show,
    have funnnnnnnnn

I'm going to Oaks tomorrow, too. My mom was there yesterday and I was looking through the program. From 11-5 they have free workshops and demo the new products. I'm not spending much money either, but I do want to see the beautiful quilts.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    I am bringing my Mom to the quilt show in Oaks, PA. I know she will NEED to buy some things. She RV's full time and has limited space. She is an wonderful quilter but doesn't really have much other than the basics.

What are the "must buy" items she will need [that will also be fun for me to play with as I have very limited funds.]?

Thanks,
    Dawn
    Guess it depends partly on what you already have.

Have fun at the show!

There's a terrific booth filled with beautiful, good quality fat quarters for $1 each. That's all, just f/q's, thousands of them. Don't miss it. Nice ladies, first time in PA (they're from Michigan). Oh - they also sell a pattern for a very unusual hanging ornament.

There are about 150 vendors at this show, bring comfortable shoes. Lots of interesting quilts to view. Have a good time!