Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival >

quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival

quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival

Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

Several years ago two quilts were stolen at Houston also, so after that time they greatly increased security at the show-apparently not enough. It's hard to understand exactly how that could happen, but it did.

Dana
Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 PM

Anyone who would steal a quilt is an art thief and should be treated as such! For Shame!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:46 AM

I hope they get cocky and show it to someone who recognizes it for what it is.

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Disgusting. I hope the thief sees talk of it online and feels badly enough to send it home.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I just wonder if the quilt hasn't been misplaced rather than 'stolen'. I can't imagine that someone would steal a quilt.
I wish Kathyaire could be right, and people would never do this, but I have to burst her bubble, and say that is why I will never have one of my quilts in a quilt show. I worked really hard on one quilt I hoped to enter into the local quilt show. When I was ready, I tried to register for the show and was required to give MY quilt to them, two weeks before the show, AND sign a waiver absolving them of all responsibility for keeping my quilt safe! NOT! Evidently quilt theft has reach the crisis point, and they want to be sure if yours is stolen, you can't blame them! I predict the end of local quilt shows as we now know them. How depressing. :thumbdown:
Old 11-18-2010, 04:12 AM

What a shame. That picture at the site is great. So anyone who sees it can call the local police!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:17 AM

last year I did a few craft shows and guess what? later on when a quilt sold on Etsy-it was gone.well I went thru everything and 5 baby quilts were missing-some how they stole 5 quilts.not sure if 1 person did all or if we had 5 bad people.this year no shows-can't afford to lose quilts.we thought we were keeping a watchful eye.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:36 AM

Only some sick person would do such a horrible thing,by stealing a quilt at a show, hope they find it soon.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM

Some people just don't know that they can't have everything they want and just take it. As my grandmother use "God will get them for that". No real piece of mind for them. Hope you get it back.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Originally Posted by joan_quilts
I read a few years ago, that somebody got mad at a quilt show and threw bleach all over someones quilt! WHY would anyone do such a horrible thing?! I don't understand people! I hope the quilt is found.
Both actions are just Wrong, and the bleach is just mean!!

Do visit brother once in a while and say... Oh thats where that went :D But we share well :-D
That is tame compared to the rumor around this neck of the woods. Here in Oregon mushroom gathering is a cash crop certain times of the year. Well according to the rumor, some guy set the forest on fire to keep his competition from getting any mushrooms. Almost burnt a small town down.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128872.jpe  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:39 AM

It was not a true quilter that stole your quilt. A true quilter knows how much work and love go into making quilts. I just know in my heart that a quilter wouldn't do that