Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival >

quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival

quilt stolen at Houston quilt festival

Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 AM

QuiltDragon....I love the quilt (and doggie) in your avatar
Old 11-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
I read a few years ago, that somebody got mad at a quilt show and threw bleach all over someones quilt! WHY would anyone do such a horrible thing?! I don't understand people! I hope the quilt is found.
That happened at the Houston show. The quilt maker had a court case against a long arm manufacturer (mom and pop...not a big name). The machine had major problems, caught fire... and the maker would not replace it or refund her money, so she took him to court. He was the one who splashed bleach on it. He was prosecuted and is still in jail, I think...
Old 11-19-2010, 02:22 AM

I read a few years ago, that somebody got mad at a quilt show and threw bleach all over someones quilt! WHY would anyone do such a horrible thing?! I don't understand people! I hope the quilt is found.
My girlfriend told me about this. It was a male who was having a fight with one woman quilter but when he threw the bleach it hit other people's quilts. He made quilts himself but to do something like this, he was no quilter in my book.
I can't imagine how these people get away with stealing quilts especially large ones. It's not like you could slip it into your pocket. I guess some people have more front than a rat with a gold tooth.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:30 AM

That happened at the Houston show. The quilt maker had a court case against a long arm manufacturer (mom and pop...not a big name). The machine had major problems, caught fire... and the maker would not replace it or refund her money, so she took him to court. He was the one who splashed bleach on it. He was prosecuted and is still in jail, I think...[/quote]

Thank you for clearing that up. Didn't see your answer before I wrote what I'd been told
Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM

put it out on facebook and all other Internet places. Someone might be getting it for the holiday gift and recognize that it is a stolen gift, and give it back. Hopefully with a note saying who they got it from. Someone should recognize it. This is so maddening!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

sometimes people just disgust me
Old 11-19-2010, 03:11 PM

The world has gone mad :twisted: Does anyone know a good on line place to buy fabric? By the way, I finally got moved to Tennessee.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

How sad!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Sigh.... the more I hear about people, the more I appreciate my dogs. It just breaks my heart to hear that someone could be so cold and callous. :(
Old 11-20-2010, 04:57 PM

I especially don't understand people who travel to quilt shows with a supply of bleach...