The Quilt Patch- Tecumesh, MI - A MUST
Material Girls, Dearborn, MI
Sew What - Wyandotte, MI
Bits and Pieces, Wayne, MI
Threads and Treasures, Belleville, MI
The Quilting Season, Saline, MI
Quality Quilting, Ann Arbor, MI
Ann Arbor Sewing Center (formerly Viking Sewing Center, Ann Arbor, MI

All the above are within 45-50 minutes of Dearborn, MI, with the Quilt Patch being the farthest, but it's a FANTASTIC shop. You didn't say when you were traveling, but they are having a HUGE sale Dec 27th, 28th and 29th.

I've been to all these stores, I live a burb over from Dearborn in Allen Park, MI.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:05 PM

I can second the Quilt Patch - lovely store with a huge selection and a wonderful staff.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:16 PM

Small world........we are going to Allen Park! Although my husband and daughter may be going as we have window screen issues. Ughh.....new windows--screens don't fit and the only available appointment is right after Christmas. So, I may stay here to get the appointment done during daylight hours. I asked for a different day and they don't have anything until after the new year when we are both working.

I did Google earlier today and found some of those in your list. Thanks for the list I will hold onto this.

Thanks again for all of the help!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM

Default Quilt Stores in MI

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
Ladies,
We're going to the Detroit area of MI. Are there any quilt stores in that area? If so please let me know as I'd love to visit other shops.

TIA-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michigan has a newspaper called COUNTRY REGISTAR it can be found at quilt shops and gift shop. Those shops that advertise it in list their businesses. It is a newsletter that I always grab when I need to find a quilt shop in another area in MI . I do not have a copy here tonight but I will try to get a copy and list those quilt shops near and in Detroit.

Nonnie
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Bellville : suburb of Detroit ... THREADS AND TREASURES 129 SOUTH ST 734-697-9376

LAKE ST MERCANTILE ... 115 EAST LAKE ST .. SOUTH LYON ... 248-486-4410

These are the only ones listed... guess you might have to check the phone book when you arrive at your destination. If you know of any guilds in the area you are going to be in... ask them where the quilt shops are located.

There are several in Ann Arbor but that is about 45-50miles west of Detroit.

Nonnie
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 AM

Thanks again Ladies!

Nonnie--how sweet! Please don't go out of your way because as of now I may not be going. I'm attempting to get an appointment changed but it doesn't sound like that is going to happen, consequently I won't be in MI.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:35 AM

I heartily recommend Bits and Pieces in Wayne, it's not really very far from Allen Park. They have a wonderful selection, friendly staff and are in a "round" building! They also have patterns that they have designed & sell. You won't be disappointed if you make this one of your stops! BTW, have fun visiting in MI. Try to find time to visit The Henry Ford for the Christmas displays---awesome!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:21 AM

If you are traveling north on US 23 there is an awesome quilt shop just outside (north) of AuGres. It is not easilyt visible from the road, but there is a sign "Bayside Quilts". It looks like a little yellow house, but inside is just packed with wonderful (and well priced) fabrics, patterns and all other quilting items. The folks who work there are very, very friendly and helpful.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se View Post
If you are traveling north on US 23 there is an awesome quilt shop just outside (north) of AuGres. It is not easilyt visible from the road, but there is a sign "Bayside Quilts". It looks like a little yellow house, but inside is just packed with wonderful (and well priced) fabrics, patterns and all other quilting items. The folks who work there are very, very friendly and helpful.
It's actually Bayview Calicos in AuGres and the one in Tawas is online only now.