Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilted Wine Bag for multiple bottles

Quilted Wine Bag for multiple bottles

I am searching for a pattern to make a quilted wine bag that holds six bottles of wine. I have several from the wine store but the part that sections the bottles is not attached to the bottom of the bag and anything small gets lost in the bottom of the bag. I am hoping a quilted bag would also keep the wine cooler longer. Does anyone know of a pattern? Thanks for your help!
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I could help you with the wine but not sure about the bag!

Same here . What about looking at tote bags to see if you could adapt them? The professional tote bag has the center partition sewn to the bottom. Maybe you could adapt that.

Blog Entries
    I made one of those bags a few years ago. Can't find the pattern but will keep looking I'm sure it was British pat whorl and quilting or poplar patchwork British copy. I made the bag for a friend for gardening sorry she has moved and lives based in a touring caravan no idea where she is.
    I can remember thinking when I made the bag looke at http://pursepatternnews.blogspot.com...1_archive.html for idea of shape or this pattern.
    .i would make one of those bag liners which can be inserted to bag and is loose if I made another one. It does need a firm base for bottles .
    BagCollapsable Fabric Storage Totes
    Designer: Mindy Miller
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-13-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: remove copyright image
    Finished is better than a UFO