Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Club of America >

Quilters Club of America

Quilters Club of America

Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM

You get a discount card for Joann Fabrics - and that easily paid the cost of the membership when I was a member. The discount card gives you 10% off every purchase, whether regular or sale priced. Adds up really fast if you buy a lot at Joann. This benefit by itself can be worth way more than the cost of subscribing.

There are a lot more discounts for QCA members, too.

I had dropped my subscription to QCA, but I just took it up again so I could see "Quilt It" with Irena Bluhm. And I like having hundreds of quilting shows available whenever I want them. Just to keep me company in the studio if nothing else.

I don't care for Easy Quilts magazine much any more, so that isn't a draw, for me. After I signed up the other day, I looked through the digital issues online that I'd missed while I was not a subscriber and I didn't find even one project in that year's worth of magazines that I wanted to do.

Doesn't matter - $30/yr is a reasonable cost to me for the features that I do use. :)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM

That's a pretty good price compared with what I've seen. I had it last year for $35 and I never used the videos or free patterns. If you think you'd use those, it would probably be a good deal for you. For me, the only perks I used were the magazines (most of which I never found any projects I wanted to make anyway) and the discount at Joann's (which I can get with the educator's discount).
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rumbols
I used to belong to it but I stopped when I found out all the 'free' patterns were from websites you all post here. You do get a few Fons & Porter patterns but they were later published in their magazine. The videos were mostly older ones and can be found on other free tv web sites. It was worth it the first year because everything was new, but after that, not so much. I did learn quite a few things that first year. But when I found you guys, I learned way more.
But don't let me stop you from checking it out. It might be just what you like. Everyone has their own learning curve.
i like your response/assessment. that is pretty much what my q gr friend says...that the videos are old but she doesn't have time to search the net. she is involved w/wa state edu dept...does her shopping online but not a lot of time for wandering...have told her about this site...she has been here but i haven't talked her into to joining yet...it is time consuming...i am only here when time allows...every few weeks. but like you said...there is soooooo much to learn here and it is free. and links ...less time spent searching...and the tutorials...well...maybe nxt time we have gr meet [that i can make it too :) ] i can convince her how great this place is to spend a little time hangin' w/cool quilters and learning great/interesting stuff.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:24 PM

I was a member last year of Quilters Club of America and my money was wasted. I was already a member of Fons & Porter Video on Demand and QNN.TV when I joined QCA. Personally, I didn't get anything out of my membership with QCA. It was not worth the 49.95 to me. I have kept my membership with F&P because it provided more of what I was interested in. I also canceled QNN.TV. It did not interest me.