Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilter's Newsletter magazine >

Quilter's Newsletter magazine

Quilter's Newsletter magazine

Old 02-16-2011, 12:01 PM

I just got a letter in the mail to subscribe to the Quilter's Newsletter mag. Have any of you gotten this and what do you think of the mag? It looks like it would have a lot of good tips and patterns in it. Is it worth getting and adding to my stack of quilting mags? Thanks ,Elaine
Old 02-16-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
I just got a letter in the mail to subscribe to the Quilter's Newsletter mag. Have any of you gotten this and what do you think of the mag? It looks like it would have a lot of good tips and patterns in it. Is it worth getting and adding to my stack of quilting mags? Thanks ,Elaine
It's not really a pattern magazine. Go buy an issue or two off the magazine rack before you subscribe to make sure you like it.

I've borrowed them from the library and wasn't interested in subscribing. All the patterns look very complicated to me. If you like intricate patterns you might like it. Can you look at a few issues at the library first?

I have never cared for the magazine but there are others who do like it. My preference in a magazine is having good patterns and what is new or the latest in quilting.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

I have lots of mags with patterns that I love. I get this one because I like the articles in it.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm looking at an old one now that my mom gave me. It seems like it would be a nice magazine to have, but I really don't subscribe to any others. There are patterns, techniques, ads, a biography, a review on different machines, show and tell from readers, and an armchair shopping center. This issue had 82 pages, but it is an old issue, so the publication might be different now.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM

My daughter gave me a subscription to QNM and I really enjoy it for the articles. Have so many quilt patterns I'll never get around to that I don't need a mag for patterns so much. This is a mag that you either really like or don't like at all. I wouldn't pay for a sub myself but as long as my daughter gifts it to me I will enjoy it.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

It used to be a *wonderful* quilting magazine. Not worth subscribing nowadays, though. It has really gone downhill.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
It used to be a *wonderful* quilting magazine. Not worth subscribing nowadays, though. It has really gone downhill.
Why not just say it's not to your taste?

*I* like it. It's one of the few magazines I have kept my subscription to.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by Prism99
Why not just say it's not to your taste?

*I* like it. It's one of the few magazines I have kept my subscription to.
Just curious. Did you ever get this magazine when Bonnie Lehman was editor? She started the magazine as a black-and-white newsletter and then acted as editor for 20 or 30 years, developing it into a glorious glossy magazine. If you have only seen the new versions, you missed out on a lot.

The original poster asked for opinions. I gave my opinion. I'm not questioning anybody else's taste in magazines.