Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting a 9P snowball >

quilting a 9P snowball

quilting a 9P snowball

Old 09-01-2018, 08:20 AM

Thank you all for responding.
Another question about batting. My husband likes the 'fluff' of the high loft batting. I know most people now-a-days use a thinner batting......suggestions???
Also, Irishrose2 suggested red for my inner border, instead of black. My sister is more the red person than me (sorry) would any solid color look as well as black ( can't see to sew it) or red (not my fav color)? It will be used on a bed in a blue room.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

You have so many colors in your top so I think you could use almost any color you like - blue, purple, green, red, - I have found some shades of purple work almost as well as navy blue as a "neutral".

As far as quilting goes, I drew out a black and white drawing on graph paper, and then started to doodle.

You can draw out something similar or use one of the drawing programs (i don't have a quilting program) - to see what you think.

From what I've read, the high loft battings are usually tied or sent out to a long armer - and I have no idea how the long-armers feel about trying to quilt them.
Attached Thumbnails snowball.jpg   snowball2.jpg  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:14 PM

The red replacement - any strong color. Royal blue would work as would an Emerald green. Batting - my new favorite is Hobbs Tuscany Collection Ultimate polyester. I don't have the quilt I used it in, but it quilted nicely, even though it has a decent loft. Not so nicely in the center of the quilt where I had a double batt, but I got it done.