Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting books at Big Lots >

Quilting books at Big Lots

Quilting books at Big Lots

Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Woohoo, I have a Big Lots right by my work. Hope they have them!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:11 PM

I have never been to big lots but perhaps I should look for one. What great deals.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 PM

Well, I am going to have to take a trip to a Big Lots, I know we passed one just recently. I will have to figure out where I went.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:30 PM

I also bought a top name ironat Big Lots for $20 so I didn't really expect much & I was right. It leaked every drop of water I put in it. I returned it but lost the receipt when the bag broke. They informed me (even talked to a mgr.) & they totally refused it. I understand the receipt thing but I now feel they're selling defective things. I will be very careful what I buy if I ever shop there again. I decided that is wasn't a complete loss since I'll use the iron as a dry iron.

lly expect it to be very good & I was right. It leaked every drop of water I put in. I returned it but had lost the receipt when the bag broke. They informed me (even talked to a mgr.) & they totally refused it without a receipt. I understand the receipt thing but I will sure be careful what I buy there again. I feel they're selling defective goods. I need to adopt a "buyer beware" attitude.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 PM

That is the greatest lamp! I bought one here in Wisconsin for $29.00 nearly 4 years ago, and it still has the original light bulb. It is so wonderful for hand applique, which I love to do. It sits next to my recliner all the time. You will be so glad you bought it, and it is exactly like the $150 one.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM

my big lots just changed character completely and looks like a walmarts. the whole inside seems to be a discount grocery store
and all the great stuff that i used to find there is gone. i couldn't find good clear plastic containers and that's where i always got them before. i'm hoping after christmas it'll settle down again. ***and*** the prices are higher than my local shoprite.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:45 PM

Debbie I bought 3 quilting books two weeks ago at Big Lots, after someone on the board told about buying some, that's the only reason I went in there. My DH goes there all the time. I just don't like to go shopping that much and only go when I have to, except of course for Fabric. or shoes, I could shop every day for those. I think I have one just like yours. I also only paid $3.00 each, I couldn't believe it.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 PM

Aww nuts! Our big lots closed last year. I got to shop there one time.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 PM

I keep telling my husband I have got to go to Big Lots. We saw one in a nearby town one day shortly after we moved to Florida and said we would go check it out soon. Well, three years later we finally remembered to go. When we got there the store was being demolished so someone else could build there. I guess we waited too long. lol I'm sure we will find another one some day.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Debbie I bought 3 quilting books two weeks ago at Big Lots, after someone on the board told about buying some, that's the only reason I went in there. My DH goes there all the time. I just don't like to go shopping that much and only go when I have to, except of course for Fabric. or shoes, I could shop every day for those. I think I have one just like yours. I also only paid $3.00 each, I couldn't believe it.
Gerbie, you sound like me........shoes and fabrics (and occasionally food), are the only reasons I go shopping! I actually send a list with my DH for the groceries! Keeps me out of the junk food areas, and if I DO go to town, usually I stay in the car and let DH go into the stores, unless I need something specific.