Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting books at Big Lots >

Quilting books at Big Lots

Quilting books at Big Lots

Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ
Originally Posted by Gerbie
Debbie I bought 3 quilting books two weeks ago at Big Lots, after someone on the board told about buying some, that's the only reason I went in there. My DH goes there all the time. I just don't like to go shopping that much and only go when I have to, except of course for Fabric. or shoes, I could shop every day for those. I think I have one just like yours. I also only paid $3.00 each, I couldn't believe it.
Gerbie, you sound like me........shoes and fabrics (and occasionally food), are the only reasons I go shopping! I actually send a list with my DH for the groceries! Keeps me out of the junk food areas, and if I DO go to town, usually I stay in the car and let DH go into the stores, unless I need something specific.
Oh! I do shop, but I'm not a shop aholic. I know what I want usually before I go into a store, go get it then get out. I often do that in the LQS. I just can't stand to go from store to store, unless I'm looking for something specific. I hate to to into Sam's, when we go to the town where they have one, and my DH loves to. I just can't stand going up and down every aisle in that store and not really finding something I want. I go to Wal Mart, because that's the only store we have in town to shop in, for everything. I sit in the car a lot of times when we are in the town where we can really shop. I guess everyone thinks I'm strange in that sense. Oh, well who care what others think about it.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 AM

I went there today, but they only had 2 different books. I did buy the one with the rectangles...it looks very interesting.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:26 PM

I bought fat quarters at Big Lots and I saw the exact same ones at JoAnn's, there is not anything wrong with the ones I bought.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM

Yes, Aully, there is a Big Lots in LV. It's in the 4700 block of Spring Mountain Rd.

There is also a very nice fabric shop. I can't remember the name of it but it's in a strip mall on the corner of Charleston & Decatur. I buy something everytime I go there.

Have fun. I'll be in LV Mar 3 so I hope to make a stop there, too.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by 117becca
I got a looks like an Ott light floor lamp!! $25 instead of almost $200!!! I may go back and get a 2nd one.....
ME TOO !!
Me Three! (LOL) And I did go back and get the desk lamp for my desk. Work great for the price!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I may check out our local one tomorrow!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 AM

I have that rectangle book and it has some interesting techniques.

Good score!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 AM

WOW, we do not have one close by. The closest one is 1/2 hour away. May have to visit one. Did not realize they carried anything quilting. And the lights, what a deal. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM

Just checked ours out this morning and purchased both of those books. Great buy! Also got a Thimbleberries 2011 Quilting Calendar for $4. Of course, had to check out the whole store and got a few more items!

Thanks for letting us all know about these! I appreciate this board so much!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:28 PM

I went to my local Big Lots and didn't find any of those quilt books, tho' I did get one for 50 cents, a hardback entitled, "Aurora An American Experience in Quilt, Community, and Craft" by Jane Kirkpatrick.