Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting with BSR >

Quilting with BSR

Quilting with BSR

Old 12-04-2016, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
Mine doesn't have an alarm, but I love my Bernina Stitch Regulator. According to the other post, I must have a "2". ..................
The alarms/sounds can be turned off, so it could be that is why you do not hear any.

For the BSR1 vs BSR2, that is adjusted on the touch screen.

Perhaps check your manual regarding both.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:16 AM

I have a BSR (thank you DH!!) but I don't FMQ very often. (I tend to make very large quilts and send them to a long-armer.) When I do use it, I always think it isn't working well, but then I try FMQing without it and wow do I see how awful I am without it. As others have said, the only way to perfect it is to practice, practice, practice.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

I love the BSR2! I use it for fill in stitching and for fmq'ing. I also use the walking foot and the built in whole quilt block stitching with a hoop. It depends on what part of the quilting you are working on really. In one quilt, I have done them all or a combination of them to get the effect I want.
Now I am about the learn the westalee quilting templets you use to make designs of different types and then do fill in. If you want heavier quilting designs.

There are so many styles of quilting. Everyone seems to have their own. Which is the way it should be to reflect the personality of the quilter. I am still in the learning stage and I have quilted many a quilt and project. Just be patient with yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day. I take on line classes, watch videos, read books on quilting design and execution and buy helping tools to increase my abilities. (Which are getting better, but not great, yet)

Just practice with table runners or something small and it will become second nature to you. Everything with making quilts is a learning curve. Right? There is no substitute for practice and experience.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:54 AM

Thanks everyone. I will take a picture of the quilt I finished. It is not great but it is finished. I will keep up the practice.