Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Bucket List? >

Quilting Bucket List?

Quilting Bucket List?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:28 PM

I'm another with a picture folder on my computer with pictures of quilts I'd love to do some day. So no real "list" as half of them I have no idea what the real name would be.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:49 PM

Exactly what Cathy said. And I will add, most of them don't have patterns, some I have looked at and made my own pattern. Some I have seen, after I put them on my "list'', in magazines and got the pattern there. A few that I winged it, so to speak, a pattern showed up later. I saved one on pinterest called sticks and stones. It was not named when I saw it. I decided I could do it in 1 1/2 inch scraps(that's the size it looked to me in the pic) in a 12 inch block. So I did. Just before I added the border I saw it on pinterest again and someone had linked their pattern that they made from the pic on pinterest and it was a 12 in. block. I used all my 1 1/2 inch and some 3" strips. Needless to say the 1 1/2" have been replenished. Btw, the pic on pin. is black with brights displayed on a wagon/wagon wheel. Another I did, without a pattern, from there was called grandma's victory.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:22 PM

"when creativity strikes, who can resist" Red Garnet! I love this. It is so fitting. So hard to stay on track when there are so many beautiful quilts before us all the time. I do make lists but (as someone said before) when life happens, you must stray from your goals. i.e., a dear friend died tragically and left behind 3 adorable daughters. I am making all 3 a "comfort" quilt. (comfort quilt = a quilt with Minky on the back and no batting usually throw size)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:24 PM

I have a long bucket list. It seems to get longer every time I go to a quilt show. I am still working full time but when I retire, I plan to get started.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:59 PM

Yes...I have a written bucket list. I try to make it short listing the ones that I absolutely want to do. If I have pattern or book, then I stack it with list. These types of quilts are typically long-term projects like Baltimore Album, Sylvia Bridal Sampler etc.

I, also, have a picture file on computer of designs I like and are inspiring or blocks or techniques I would like to try.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:08 PM

I used to have a bucket list with things like a Baltimore Album quilt. But I've given up and now I'm just trying to get as many things done as I can.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:15 PM

My Pinterest board is my bucket list. When I see something else that "needs" to be added, I search for a good picture and pin it. It's a bonus if I get the pattern in the pin also.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:42 PM

Hmmm.... a bucket list? I do have a 'list' of my immediate priorities (I have 2-3 projects in process now) and then the 3-4 projects I've committed to once finished with the current. I'm somewhat new to quilting/sewing but quickly learned that I need to tame my impulses so I created the 'list' - it's designed to keep me focused, motivated and keep priority of what I want to accomplish. Also, I do limit my fabric purchases to items on my list as I'm not wishing to have a huge stash of un-designated fabrics - I have enough left-overs from past projects already.

Then there's the 'someday list' on my Pinterest board and a 3-ring binder where I keep patterns I've purchased or acquired otherwise that I wish to complete.. someday.... but no commitments and not on the 'list'.

Family/friends often wish to add their requests to the top of my list too! Keeping track not only helps manage my impulsiveness but also the commitments I make to others.

So, yes, there's a lot of lists Good luck with yours too!

Christine
Old 02-05-2018, 06:10 PM

It depends on which bucket I put it in! There is the electronic bucket, where I have "must make" pictures. There are all the tagged, marked magazines and books I had to have. There are the kits and projects I have put together to do. There are the patterns I order when I see a bucket-lister posted here. There are the ones family and friends send me. I know I won't get to them all, but I sure enjoy looking at them all!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:10 AM

Recently, I started writing them down. I think there are 13 started projects on that list and I almost have one finished.[ATTACH=CONFIG]588508[/ATTACH] This is the second one like that Roses on the Vine, that I have done. Sold the other one. Put a green border on it yesterday and will then have a narrow WOW forder and then another wider border. Haven't decided yet.

There are two large notebooks marked "Quilt Fun". Plenty of stash! I'll never get it all done.

Pattern is Sunrise by Lavenderlimequilts.

Marcia
Attached Thumbnails 20180205_140957_resized.jpg