Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting with embroidery machine >

quilting with embroidery machine

quilting with embroidery machine

Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 AM

SingerSew - I use whatever size works in my blocks. Many times I will enlarge or decrease the size of a particular design to fit my block or sashing.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Banned

If you use an embroidery machine you have to hoop otherwise there is nothing to move the quilt around to make the design
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 PM

I did some awesome block centers on my BL Unity - stock stitches for it, now am ready to tackle some on the sashings from that same emblibrary site. Can't wait to get back into the sewing room to continue on.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 AM

For those with larger embroidery machines the magna hoops are wonderful. You don't have to hoop, heavy magnets
hold the quilt in place. Do need to support the weight of the quilt whether it is hooped or not
Old 09-11-2013, 04:51 AM

I did a baby quilt using the Emb machine, what I did was I stiched in the ditch all the blocks using my sewing machine, just like regular, then used the Emb machine for the center medallion design.

I didn't hoop the quilt, I pinned it to water sol. stabilizer, then washed the quilt when I was finished. It was a flannel quilt. It turned out quite nice.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 AM

I'm happy to see this thread. I've been wanting to try this but didn't have a clue where to start.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 AM

This may be a dumb question but what does the back look like? I want to get an emb. machine not only to do quilting but emb. also. I haven't seen any backs after the quilting. Can someone please post a pic>
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lyncat View Post
I'm happy to see this thread. I've been wanting to try this but didn't have a clue where to start.
Ditto!! I wondered it this could even be done and now I know. Can't wait to get to this point in the quilt I am working on. Thanks for this info. Just joined Emb Lib yesterday and already love a lot of their designs!!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 AM

I made my mother a king size Sunbonnet Sue appliqued quilt and embroidered every other square with a flower pattern on my Viking Rose (I now also have a Ruby). When I did her quilt, I put the machine on the floor and hooped. It made it easier and the quilt had plenty of support.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:02 AM

So glad to see this post, I've been looking at trying to use my embr machine to quilt too!