Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting on machine >

Quilting on machine

Quilting on machine

Old 04-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
The best thing I ever did was sit at the 'needle end' of the machine instead of the 'front' of the machine. That way the left hand is 'behind' the machine and the right hand is in 'front' of the machine and neither hand was hitting the inside throat. Clear as mud? How about you move 1/4 the way around your machine to the left, then face your machine. Clear up the picture any? Good luck!

Also, have a full flat surface otherwise your quilt will get caught on the 'corners' and it will mess up the stitching.

Those are great tips . I've been FMQ with a home machine for years and never thought of that! Thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin's Mama
I also have a question how do you pin a king size quilt for sewing on a machine? I have pinned baby quilts using the floor but have no room to lay out the king size one.
You can use this method with pins or thread. I started doing it and it works like a charm.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-91013-1.htm
Old 04-10-2011, 07:42 PM

That is a good idea. I might be able to do that.
Originally Posted by quilter1943
I take big ones to one of our club houses where I can put tables together to make a large table, size of the quilt. We use tables at the fellowship hall at church too. That way you're not on the floor crawling all over it.
Originally Posted by Merlin's Mama
I also have a question how do you pin a king size quilt for sewing on a machine? I have pinned baby quilts using the floor but have no room to lay out the king size one.