Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting and Ms. Kitty have seriously saved my sanity...... >

Quilting and Ms. Kitty have seriously saved my sanity......

Quilting and Ms. Kitty have seriously saved my sanity......

Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 PM

Hugs .........
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM

Even if someone turns up who happens to own Miss Kitty, she has opened a door for you, telling you that you need a feline companion. Cats are so easy to care for. If you want to take off for a day or two it's no problem with a cat. Best of luck with all the changes in your life. We'll be thinking of you.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 PM

I am so glad you found Ms. Kitty, I do believe that God watches over us and sometimes he gives us a boost to give us a special gift. My prayer is for you. Thank you for sharing your pain and the joy you will have as you beat this terrible disease. Keep on keeping and enjoy your quilting. Jo
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 AM

I can really relate and do hope that 2012 continues for you in the wonderful way it has started with Miss Kitty in your life.
We took in a little very thin dirty stray in the summer (I did not want or need another cat as I already have two, one of which is stone deaf, almost 17 and has dementia!) But Bimble is now about for times heavier, a real clown and a delight to have around and helps me to cope with the sad decline of my old boy and I know that when the time comes to say goodbye to my old guy Bimble will be around now to mop up my tears. As you said God does not give us what we want he gives us what we need. Good luck with quilting and kitty!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:22 AM

Wonderful story..I truly believe animals are a gifts from God!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:58 AM

I first became a Cat Mom when I was chosen by a feral kitten over 20 years ago, and don't plan to be without at least one, preferably three, ever! They are such a joy to me. To help you find out if someone is missing a treasured furbaby you could take her to a vet or shelter to have her scanned (it's free) for an ID chip; if she has one it will connect to her human family, and if she doesn't, you will feel more secure about adopting her. An old pillowcase makes a good temporary cat carrier for the visit. If you do get to keep her, know that an indoor cat is safer and lives longer than one that goes outside.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:28 AM

Quilting draws us away from our worries. It absorbs all of our attention when working and when away from the set up we are planning the next move. It gives us something beautiful to work with, color to fill our eyes, and some control. The end result too is giving us space to think about our lives and react with dignity and care.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 AM

Good luck to you. What you are going through is tough but it sounds like you are on the right path to survive. I wish when I was going through the mess of my divorce I had quilting to keep me sane. We had just moved and I knew no one and was extremely depressed, all the way down depressed. I know that after I pulled myself up a little, enough to work 3 jobs and keep a roof over our heads only to find out after things let up a little that I had serious health issues that destroyed everything I had worked for it was quilting again that kept me a little sane. Then I got involved with the humane society and ended up with my Andy. Kept me going. This last year had been hard with my DD losing her house and me having to move away from everything I have known for the last 20+ years Quilting and Andy, And having this board to come to has really saved my life.
So I wish you all the luck in the world. And Miss Kitty is there for a reason. You need someone to take care of and she needed to be taken care of , she will give you unconditional love.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 AM

I'll be praying for you and your treatments, but so glad you found someone to help you through these hard times. Ms Kitty will be a good friend for you and she'll gave you a lot of love.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:32 AM

Often the Miss Kitty's of the world come and claim us just when we need what they can give, their comfort and affection. I hope that Miss Kitty can stay with you. You will make a wonderful couple of friends. I have had a puss of one sort or another for all of my adult life and find them to be superior companions and..... they love quilts!