Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting is my Therapy!!   How about you!   Enjoy! >

Quilting is my Therapy!! How about you! Enjoy!

Quilting is my Therapy!! How about you! Enjoy!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 AM

The feel of fabric in my hands, the hum of the sewing machine and a pattern forming from bits and pieces of fabrics being sewn together is all that it takes to keep the world and all of its problems at bay. Certainly would not need the T.V. with "Breaking News" to interrupt my peaceful sewing room.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Definitely!!! My DH will even tell me I need to go sew when he sees me getting stressed about something. ;) Sometimes, if I really don't have time to sit and sew, I will just go in my sewing room for a few moments and inhale the smell of the fabrics. So calming.

My door sign says "Quilting in progress...enter with chocolate".

Usually quiet, as some others have said, the hum of my machine is my music. If the weather is nice, I will open my window and listen to the birds singing outside.

Patti
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 AM

I sometimes have a DVD of Fons and Porter "Tips" on in the background and I almost always pick up a new pointer!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM

I usually listen to a book on tape or some upbeat music while I am working on my quilt.
I started quilting when my 5th child was born-the oldest was 7 1/2 at the time. It was nice to see something pretty finished, and feel like I was getting something done. It is relaxing to me to sit and hand quilt. That child turns 19 in Aug.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 AM

Sewing and quilting are such a peaceful things to do. I do not need any backgroung noise most of the time.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Hi there, love your frogs (I collect them) and your sign about the "loaded needle".
Thanks for the smiles.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 AM

I usually have the tv going. Quilting is my mainstay,my son is newly dx with non hodgkins lymphoma and currently undergoing chemo so I really need the calming effect of quilting and sewing to help me along with prayer.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 AM

I like light music or classical etc, cds or radio - I can't have the TV on or I stop to watch it too much ! Quilting is my reward after a busy day, even if it's just reading a mag or book or deciding what pattern I'd like to do next ...
Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 PM

when at my sewing machine I do not have any noise in there, but when quilting (hand) I usually do that in the living room while watching tv with dh. Even though I am not really watching it. But I might start putting the radio in the sewing room - I have been on a cutting, piecing craze lately - already of 2 more quilts ready to be quilted and another one in the cutting/piecing process. To me quilting is my therapy and boy do I need it :)
Old 06-22-2010, 02:23 PM

I have heard of Whittles. Do they have alot of nice fabric and how far is it from Hendersonville, Tn? I would love to go there but have to wait until pay day. OUCH!!