Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use >

Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use

Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use

Old 12-01-2020, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
But you can also use it for a template. I can't think of the pattern right now though lol
I have both large and small binder tools, but never use them for binding because I don't do mitered bindings anymore. I decided to keep them and use them for templates, probably for the same pattern that you can't think of right now. I can't think of it either.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Ha!! It's buried in my disaster room somewhere.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:53 AM

My two least favorite notions: Every thimble I ever bought, finally gave up and let the callouses develop while keeping band-aids nearby just in case I poked myself. The other thing is every rotary blade sharpener that I purchased, also gave up, the cost of replacement blades is money well spent rather than the frustration of sharpeners that don't work.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

The binding tool is great for joining the the two ends. I seldom do two fold bindings or bias binding anymore. I use single fold straight seam binding. A quilt historian said it will take a long time for a single fold binding to wear away before the quilt so she quit using double fold bindings.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The binding tool is great for joining the the two ends. I seldom do two fold bindings or bias binding anymore. I use single fold straight seam binding. A quilt historian said it will take a long time for a single fold binding to wear away before the quilt so she quit using double fold bindings.
This is very good info!
Old 12-01-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by AStitchInTime View Post
My two least favorite notions: Every thimble I ever bought, finally gave up and let the callouses develop while keeping band-aids nearby just in case I poked myself. The other thing is every rotary blade sharpener that I purchased, also gave up, the cost of replacement blades is money well spent rather than the frustration of sharpeners that don't work.
I've come ::this:: close to buying a rotary blade sharpener but read the reviews and change my mind. My sister said there is one that you run your blade through, while still attached to the handle, that looks more interesting to me than the other kind. I can't remember what it is called but I know I saw it on Amazon.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:04 PM

Suzie, It seems I can order all the containors you want and I am still not organized.I think it is that I have too much.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:05 PM

About what I bought and do not like is the pounce powder and sponge thing.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

I use the Pounce chalk marker a lot. Did you know you have to slam it about 50 times as hard as you can after filling before the initial use? After that all you have to do is swipe it across the stencil.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
Suzie, It seems I can order all the containors you want and I am still not organized.I think it is that I have too much.
I agree with this!! The madness never ends, does it?